What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

finishing kit ??

JDanno

Well Known Member
What all is included in the finishing kit? I've looked all thru Van's site and haven't seen a description of what's included. I figured I'd order it later on in the process (the QB fuselage and wings are to be delivered in late Oct.) but if I get them at the same time as the wings and body I can save $500 in shipping vs. later on. Just don't exactly have the extra $12790 now! What to do, what to do!? Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

RV-10 Finish kit

We have ours. Ask Van's staff to email or fax the list to you. They did for us.

Just mailed the balance for the standard fuselage, firewall forward and finishing kits today. I don't know what is included either. I'm thinking all that is left to look for is , electrical, electronics, paint, prop and engine? Hoping I'm right. If someone can post a list I'd appreciate it also.
Ron

Scott....

Very expensive Oregon Aero seats.

I'm not complaining but the front seats make up the majority of the cost of the kit. They are nice seats though. :D

Thanks guys. That's tells me what I need to know.
Scott, were you at Oshkosh? Seems like I saw a RV-10 with your number on it parked over behind where Van's were located. There were about ten -10's sitting in the grass side by side. If so, nice looking plane! Dan

Thanks guys. That's tells me what I need to know.
Scott, were you at Oshkosh? Seems like I saw a RV-10 with your number on it parked over behind where Van's were located. There were about ten -10's sitting in the grass side by side. If so, nice looking plane! Dan

Yes, I was there for 11 days. Just can't get enough of the place. Way too much to do. Tim and I arrived together on Thursday afternoon and were the second and third plane to park in the RV area. There was a F-1 Rocket there already.

Thanks for the compliment. There were some very nice RV-10's there this year and mine does have a couple of nicks hear and there.

Speaking of finishing kit, of the things that bummed me out was my paint that cracked around the windows like many have. I put a thin layer of fiberglass around the window (about 1/4oz fiberglass) but it wasn't nearly enough. If I get really ambitious this winter I will fix it all but it is so hard to stop flying long enough to do that. To fix it I am going to use a thicker piece and then blend it into the fuselage. Mine did not crack until I had about 100 hours on the plane. Just something to look out for.

On my BMW GS motorcycle I have a sticker that says, "It's a Tool, Not a Jewel". I think of the RV-10 a little the same way. I'd rather fly it and take people for rides rather than worry about scratching it.

There were about ten -10's sitting in the grass side by side.

I never heard the final RV-10 number at Oshkosh but I am guessing it was something around 30 planes.

Have fun finishing your plane.

Arrived at Oshkosh
345864463_fjUT3-L.jpg

345865332_JHTDy-L.jpg

I got both the QB kits and the finishing kit for same reasons. The kit as it arrives is crated in a very large box. Its handy for storing the odd and ends especially if you are working in a crowded and public work space. The cowl, windows, fairings, flaps, wing skin...were the big ones off the top of my head.

Back