What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control stick covers

Chippster1

Does anyone know who sells those leather control stick covers for RV10s?
I definitely need (ok, want) a set

Thanks

Ted Chipps

N498EC

I also recommend South Florida Sport Aviation. I called them to just order seat covers and ended up ordering their total interior, sans overhead console. Very nice products!

Do you mean the stick boots or the control stick covers?

My boots were made by Classic Aero Designs and my stick covers made by Ray Allen.

40-med.jpg

11-13088a.jpg

Does anyone know who sells those leather control stick covers for RV10s?
I definitely need (ok, want) a set

Thanks

Ted

N498EC

Remember that control stick covers may inhibit or prevent the installation of the Anti Splat gust lock.

-Marc

Remember that control stick covers may inhibit or prevent the installation of the Anti Splat gust lock.

-Marc

I actually just found that out. I am looking for a way to incorporate the two. Have you modified the cover or gust lock for it in any way?

I actually just found that out. I am looking for a way to incorporate the two. Have you modified the cover or gust lock for it in any way?

Never bought any covers for the sticks. I'd rather have the gust lock. You could prolly make some mods that would work and look good, but it wasn't important to me.

-Marc

-Marc

I don't see how, at least with the Ray Allen covers. I have the Antisplat gust lock and the covers...I'll try and put them both on tomorrow.

Roll your own

Here's an alternative that I did on my sticks. I've received many compliments, and it was easier to do than I thought. I use a gust lock with it (just not Antisplat). It just requires wires to be ran inside tube. Not hard to do either. Just takes a trip to leather store for supplies. Heavy leather, heavy nylon thread, leather hole punch, and big leather needle to lace thread.

If you want more details, feel free to PM me with your contact info. Happy to share more details if you'd like.

Attachments

• IMG_2363.jpg
    IMG_2363.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3180.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 53
I've got the antisplat gust lock and the South Florida stick covers and no issues. Just unzip the cover a bit and install the lock. When you're ready to fly again just remove the lock and zip the cover back up.

Back