What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flyled Combo Light

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
The landing light in my RV-6 needed replacement, so I decided on the Flyleds Combo light which provides both landing and taxi in one unit. I am not a builder (yet), and I found it a little challenging to attach the new light to my existing bracket. But with a little patience and a few choice expletives, the project was successful.

I had to do some of the assembly work inside the wing because the assembled unit wouldn't fit through the lightening hole in the wing. I did remove the wing tip as suggested by the instruction manual; there would be no way to install it without doing so.

I actually screwed up the led lights while putting them together. I forgot to install the guide ring prior to snapping the lenses into place. Then I tried taking the lenses back out to install the rings, but when taking the lenses out, I broke snapped the small yellow led part off of the electronic board. I asked Paul how to repair this, and he advised just sending it back and they would take care of it. I shipped it back, and they sent the repaired unit back to me, no charge. They didn't even charge me for return shipping!

The light works great, although I haven't had a chance to use it at night yet. Looking forward to that. Great company with fantastic customer service. My only advice is that if you're not a builder, handle the unit very carefully and follow the instructions to the letter.

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpeg
    IMG_1482.jpeg
    391.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1483.jpeg
    IMG_1483.jpeg
    443.7 KB · Views: 66
Back