What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quantity of Sikaflex Needed?

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I am gluing my canopy and rear window with Sikaflex 295UV. How much should I order? How much primer?

Sika

I am gluing my canopy and rear window with Sikaflex 295UV. How much should I order? How much primer?
The small bottles of Aktivator and Primer are enough for several airplanes. One tube of Sika is enough for a full cabopy. It has a shelf life. Try to find the freshest one you can. It will keep for the duration of the canopy project if you seal the end but probably not much past the expiration date.
Aktivator 205, 250ml
Primer 209D, 250ml
295UV, one tube

The small bottles of Aktivator and Primer are enough for several airplanes. One tube of Sika is enough for a full cabopy. It has a shelf life. Try to find the freshest one you can. It will keep for the duration of the canopy project if you seal the end but probably not much past the expiration date.
Aktivator 205, 250ml
Primer 209D, 250ml
295UV, one tube

Thanks Larry!

Let us know how it turns out. After biting the bullet and sikaflexing my 7 Im somehwat in trepidation about following the drill and screw method in the manual for the 14.

Ian

Back