What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Higgs Powered RV-10

rv6ejguy

Well Known Member
It's been about 18 months since a story came out about the Higgs V-4 installation progressing in an RV-10.

Anyone know if it's flown yet?

This joke is WAY over my head! :confused:

The only Higgs I know is the Higgs Boson.................

Maybe Ross is talking about this? I don't see a joke.

https://www.ac-aero.com/hawkrv10/

You would have to know some of the personalities involved, and their previous histories, to fully get that joke - but the gist of it involves a long history of vaporware products, extended and overextended build and testing timeframes, and an excess of marketing.

This is a really pretty piece of marketing. I want to see the hardware working.

Karl Grove in California was talking about this a year and a half ago. Wondering if the project is still ongoing or shelved?

Pre-selling something that hasn't been flight proven yet apparently seems a bit premature to say the least.

The project always seems just another year away and is beginning to sound like Zoche or Deltahawk...

I was at 2021 EAA Venture at Oshkosh and talked to AC Aero representative at their boot. He said that they were building RV-10, and it was going to fly sometime in the spring of 2022. It was going to have the RV10 – HAWK V4 engine on it. Well, I've never heard or seen that RV-10 flying. That 2021, the RV10 – HAWK V4 engine was on display, see attached picture.

This year I will be visiting EAA Air Venture at Oshkosh and will stop by the AC Aero boot again.

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    975.9 KB · Views: 313
Just got back from Oshkosh. Did not see Higgs Diesel there? I wonder what is the status of the HAWK V4 E330J/G-T engine for RV-10?

I talked to Andrew Higgs at Reno 2018 about these engines and production was "right around the corner" at that time. 5 years later and nothing new on that front.

Ac-earo website also seems to be INOP. Hope it's just a hiccup. I really wanted to get the liquid cooled jugs.

:-(

I really wanted to get the liquid cooled jugs. :-(

I thought that design had the most promise of improvement over current tech.

Maybe they did not work out, or production tooling was way more expensive that the business plan could handle. (assuming a profitable business was the goal)

Back