What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight Aware tracking

donaziza

Well Known Member
Any lawyers and/or computer guys out there care to explain this more?

Do Not Track
We use analytics systems and providers that process Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and these systems and providers may provide some of this information to us. We do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or similar mechanisms.

I think you're referring to the excerpt from the FA Privacy Policy disclaimer -- this is NOT the same thing as ASDI information provided to and used by Flightware, Flightradar, Radarbox, etc. for tracking/reporting of flights within the NAS.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Not_Track for a good explanation of what tracking is in the context of website operations.

Cheers!

Funny thing, I have ADSB and Mode S, but have no tracks on Flight Aware at all....guess my stealth RV is working properly.

Funny thing, I have ADSB and Mode S, but have no tracks on Flight Aware at all....guess my stealth RV is working properly.

By default Flight Aware does not show "position only" flights which most of the time are flights that are not on an IFR flight plan.

You may find you do have tracks on Flight Aware if you enable the "show position only flights" option.

Interesting. I have ADSB in/out and have never NOT seen all my tracks on FlightAware. And most of my flights are short "around the block" from home base.

Most tracking sights do not show tracks for 978mhz ADSB systems (TailBeacon, SkyBeacon, Garmin GDL 82, ect). Unless you have a 1090 system you are likely to get only sporadic tracks; however ATC is seeing you just fine. The tracking sights are all geared towards commercial aircraft.
FlightAware is starting to show 978mhz tracks, but their 978 antenna coverage is limited. To help, visit their sight and sign up to operate one of their free receivers from your home or office.

Back