What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best iPad Mini

logansc

Well Known Member
My current older iPad mini is not upgradeable. I only have room for a mini in my cockpit. I would like a mini with a true GPS in it so I don't have to use a Stratus or Scout (I already have ADSB in a separate system). Is there a model of iPad mini that anyone can recommend for a no-accessories needed, GPS supported, system?

Thanks!

Lee...

My current older iPad mini is not upgradeable. I only have room for a mini in my cockpit. I would like a mini with a true GPS in it so I don't have to use a Stratus or Scout (I already have ADSB in a separate system). Is there a model of iPad mini that anyone can recommend for a no-accessories needed, GPS supported, system?

Thanks!

Lee...

As was said, any iPad with cellular is going to have a GPS chip.
I?d recommend nothing earlier than a Mini 4, and preferably getting a Mini 5 for longevity.

Josh

iPad Upgrade

I found all iPads except the mini too cumbersome in my -8A cockpit. In investigating an iPad upgrade, I called Apple. The nice lady actually laughed when she heard the version I was using - one of the first iPads with 27.2 GB of memory.

I've ordered an iPad Mini 5 with 256 GB and the cellular option. Cellular option is the only way to get an embedded GPS.

Supposed to arrive today. Then we'll see how hard it is to transfer data from the old to the new. Old iPads cannot use the supposedly easy as **** Quick Start data transfer feature. Data must be manually transferred.

Back