What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Aircraft at Langley B.C Fly-In

acpilot

Well Known Member
Patron
After flying for a living the last 25 years I am now considering a RV for some fun flying. Torn between the RV7A or RV14A I was already planning on making the trip to Arlington WA to check out these RV models first hand. I was looking at the Van's site tonight and was very excited to see they are coming to our local airport in June. Langley B.C Fly-In June 21. Hopefully get to meet some other RV owners and builders in the area as well.

:)

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to VAF! There are quite a few RV's based in Langley (in case you were not aware), as well as the other surrounding airports, and quite active. If the weather is good, you will meet a few on any good weather day if you come around.

Van's has always brought at least one airplane to the Langley fly-in and many other RV's are typically on display as well. Well worth the time. Be sure to introduce yourself to one of the volunteers and get connected.

I am in Abbotsford (not flying yet). Send me a PM if you would like to connect here.

Bevan

Bevan

Thanks I really looking forward to meeting some of the RV community and "picking their brains" on the different airplanes, engines etc.

Ron

When I saw your location it brought back great memories of my time at 14 Wing Greenwood flying the C-130. I did many SAR operations off of Yarmouth etc.

Bevan

Thanks I really looking forward to meeting some of the RV community and "picking their brains" on the different airplanes, engines etc.

Ron

When I saw your location it brought back great memories of my time at 14 Wing Greenwood flying the C-130. I did many SAR operations off of Yarmouth etc.

Nice to hear from a fellow 'Trash Hauler'

I was clearly misinformed by one of the Van's employees @ Sun n Fun. Not trying to get anyone in trouble so I will only divulge his name via PM if needed.

Hugh

Gotta admit I haven't been called a "Trash Hauler" in awhile. I just saw a picture of your RV-7 aircraft on the web. I love the paint job. :)

I was clearly misinformed by one of the Van's employees @ Sun n Fun. Not trying to get anyone in trouble so I will only divulge his name via PM if needed.

Sounds like it was more of a miscommunication...

The RV-12 that was on display was delivered to Mitch's home base back east. It will become the new east coast RV-12 demonstrator.

Wow, news travels fast! I'm the Vice-President of the Langley Aero Club who hosts the fly-in each year. We just heard back from Van's this morning that they'd be attending! :)

We will also have Aerosport Power, Demel aircraft supply, River's Edge Avionics, and hopefully Dynon Avionics as well. Dynon reports that they have four events that weekend but that they hope to make it.

I hope the weather holds so we can see some of the Washington-area RV's come up. We've had poor weather to the south the last couple of years which limits the access somewhat.

I just posted the poster for the fly-in on the club website: http://www.langleyaeroclub.ca

Langley%20Fly-in%202014.png

RVs in Langley

Dennis

''14 Wing Greenwood flying the C-130. SAR operations ',

From a former ''Tusker', to another, welcome to the world of the RVs...

You should check with Scott Jackson in Langley, he's former AC and flies an RV-6 painted like a Tutor,I'm sure that he will be able to steer you in the right direction.

If you go for the-7, make sure you have the little wheel in the right place :D

Cheers

Bruno
[email protected]

Bruno
Yep, a "Tusker" from 1994-2000 before life at AC which brought me back home to Langley. Hopefully he has his airplane at the fly-in? I'm sure Ill recognize the paint scheme!

Hugh

Gotta admit I haven't been called a "Trash Hauler" in awhile. I just saw a picture of your RV-7 aircraft on the web. I love the paint job. :)

Thanks for the nice compliment. I am sure I was before your time being a Tusker from 1978-82 and serving in CYSU. Hope to see you at the Flyin

You should check with Scott Jackson in Langley, he's former AC and flies an RV-6 painted like a Tutor,I'm sure that he will be able to steer you in the right direction.
Scott and I share hangar space... Send a PM and I can put you in touch.

vlittle said:
Nice poster! Who designed it?
Thanks! I did! :)

Im just in maple ridge and am about to wrap up the fuselage. Fell free to get in touch with me and organize a visit to see a 7.

Local project

After flying for a living the last 25 years I am now considering a RV for some fun flying. Torn between the RV7A or RV14A I was already planning on making the trip to Arlington WA to check out these RV models first hand. I was looking at the Van's site tonight and was very excited to see they are coming to our local airport in June. Langley B.C Fly-In June 21. Hopefully get to meet some other RV owners and builders in the area as well.

Check your PM

Just received my June flying schedule and was happy to see I will be able to make the Langley Fly-in. Arrive back in YVR from Tokyo at 10:30 and hopefully can make it to Langley by 1pm. Looking forward to grabbing some lunch and learning more about the RV world.

You will never look back if you build or get an RV but you will need to purchase a lot of face cream to keep your face from cracking because of the constant grin.

Looking forward to attending on June 21st. I was wondering if anyone knows which demo aircraft Van's is bring up? :)

RV14

You know what would be REALLY cool to see at the fly-in is an RV14!! Always great to see Vans reps at the show!

Well I hope that the RV-14A can make it since it's the RV aircraft that I am most interested in. It will be great to see it and compare to other the RV two seaters.

There will be judging, the two categories are "Farthest Distance" for the aircraft that comes from farthest away (and amazingly, Van's has not always won this!) and "Best in Show" which will be competing with other aircraft too, not just RV's.

Looking forward to seeing any VAF members who can make it!

I haven't attended the Langley Fly-In before and will not be flying in but arriving by car. I am curious where to park and enter. Is it located along the flight line by the old Skyways building/ tower or over along the newer runway?

Vendors???????????????????????????????????

any chance of getting a case of oil there, & save some freight?
( exxon elite 20w-50 specifically!)

does ACS canada bring a semi full of stuff, or just a tent & business cards?:rolleyes:

I haven't attended the Langley Fly-In before and will not be flying in but arriving by car. I am curious where to park and enter. Is it located along the flight line by the old Skyways building/ tower or over along the newer runway?
Drive-in parking is accessed from 56th Avenue, along the north side of the airport. Look for the signs along 56th, the entrance will be marked. The new runway is closed for the day as we park aircraft there for the fly-in. All fly-ins will use the north-south runway which is generally how the prevailing wind blows anyway.

any chance of getting a case of oil there, & save some freight? ( exxon elite 20w-50 specifically!)

does ACS canada bring a semi full of stuff, or just a tent & business cards?:rolleyes:
Best advice would be to contact one of the vendors who are attending, and see if one can bring and put aside a case for you.

AerSpace Aviation - http://www.aerspace.ca/Products.html
Demel Aircraft Corp - http://www.angelfire.com/bc2/demel/

Also, the Canadian Museum of Flight, based on the field, sells oil by the case. I don't know if they carry Exxon but you could ask them. There is a discount for members, but even the non-member price is about as good as it gets in the lower mainland (at least for the Aeroshell 15W-50 that I use).

http://www.canadianflight.org/

24 Hour Countdown!

The forecast is looking good for most of the region on Saturday, so we're looking forward to seeing any of the VAF members who can make it in.

Note that runway 07/25 is NOTAM'ed closed for the weekend as that's were we'll be parking, so all movements will be from the north-south runway. Listen to the ATIS on approach, and let the tower know you're coming to the Fly-in. The ground controller will get you routed to the right place and our parking staff will take over to direct you in.

Further update - Weather still looks promising, and I heard from a little bird today that there is a fuel discount for the fly-in... $0.20 off from Today through Sunday. Apparently that brings the price down to $1.77/L.

At this point all of our friends south of the border will laugh at us that this is the *sale* price. Really, that's a *low* price up here. :)

Back