What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control Column bearing modification

squeakersc063

Well Known Member
I've got a question about page 29-05 step 5 where it has us trim the flange of a bearing for the left side of the control column. What is the purpose of this and why only the left side? I've seen other builder logs where they do both sides and wondered if it's something that vans only says to do on one side but makes things easier later if done on both or if some people just like symmetry. Anyone whose got their stick installed noticed anything weird in that area?

I thought I used every permutation of control column and page and step number when I searched. It's actually how I found all the other build logs too. :/

We still don’t know why the left stick gets 2 bolts and the right stick just gets one - the wife doesn’t go as hard in Aeros??

Well, fortunately for me the wife doesn't like to fly so it'll just be me and the boy and he's a very uncontrollably tactile person with whom the ability to remove the stick may be a requirement to safe operation.

Back