What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Door Opening for Empenage

Jose_Antonio

Patron
Hi. I ordered the empennage kit for a 9A and am setting up workshop in my basement. I'm thinking of starting with the empennage there and moving to a larger space when the time comes for wings and fuselage. Before I go much further, I wanted to ask if the tail section, with horizontal stabilizer removed, will fit through a standard door (35"w x 79"h). Thank you for any advice.

9A Empennage

Hi. I ordered the empennage kit for a 9A and am setting up workshop in my basement. I'm thinking of starting with the empennage there and moving to a larger space when the time comes for wings and fuselage. Before I go much further, I wanted to ask if the tail section, with horizontal stabilizer removed, will fit through a standard door (35"w x 79"h). Thank you for any advice.

Unless I'm mistaken, the 6,7,8 & 9 empennage are separate components so no problem. The fuse is one piece all the way back. HS, VS bolt in place.

Like Larry said, they're all separate parts so relatively easy to move and handle. Just remember, the HS itself is one piece, and about 3m long (9ft), so that may become your limit if you've got to go around corners or up stairs to come out of the basement.

Thank you!

Thank you Larry & Geoff. It sounds like I'll be fine, but based on your comments I'll test a 9 ft pole around the corners and up the stairs just to make sure.

Back