What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Meet Gizmo!

petehowell

Well Known Member
Moxie our faithful Boxer passed last summer, and we have been missing K-9 companionship ever since. So a few weeks ago, we adopted Gizzy, a tiny who-knows-what-a-doodle from a local rescue. Andi and I hope to travel with her in the -9A, so her small size will be an asset. Her house training is progressing, and she is learning not to use her needle-sharp teeth on our hands.

She had her first short flight today and was a real champ!

AJFCJaUooelGsMfRxRi2wV33dKGynMLTwRkEmTotruSQNLAoKESPw3MgLjh18ug2CuF7hyCddT0EDH0BkNbyLU4b9j4zKPPKz-XHekIU7vZZVN54-V_CLr8ZKoseiPrAtFi7pX9Vvi-q93_TvZ6uopqLYRLiYg=w1200

Peek-a-boo!

AJFCJaVwpZrxuEqBry5wWorcWv8wRpjoAw7NK0EUN_qAyG8-d361siC8dWUajVq9UkSuTb6ZVoTbWOu9gRqQ0kLQyeJyn04CWlEM-km_HyyJ3uo-SZKOQzBxcxeWtGnPgI6Aq2u2HY1zUz0BlnXVCSQJbNMAHA=w1200

About that landing, Dad......

AJFCJaUXLJT1x-gYLb9ciOIjpnhpyLKJRQ7mnJWNYV_V1DakyqhVtx2jf-UkVnco3riIhoWKR5Rfe3oIJmobZOU-n3nJK9qqy9sBr-m9wXLmjWxlcBjWBXy3UW_FIdALzdHkKlSfoxLa1n48RGDs2eTOztVtiw=w1200

I am the Captain NOW!

AJFCJaUL96Vu6npBf-Hny7m549k-_A1_lchjFBSzYEyRyCYqPhg4ORMMLj-0LOGaNuFUE1ZprCakuw1oAdbatwbmczVfxpSInR3G96T2UDuuY36LZjm8wAXruJHalU4GU7Sd88iwFy9-8XBT73v17YKnYxQ2EA=w1063-

We are well aware she looks like a punk-rock rat.......

AJFCJaWPRqyomOFNZ3-NPvymVfT7e8OVYhWtK1oBOglrhDFwXHLusTMl067VcCuC_Cme98ChcwImkX2GPbLryEhh9v2IGVMgTL8rq1BykBoZK4uf6oQ2QBn5IIX8iOVt1YC4ubqc2DUQ1azbriPFSJKqRUwS4w=w1200

I hope this is the first of many journeys with Gizzy!

Pete, much thanks for the heart warmer for this Monday. I come here to learn about RVs and you pull an underhanded trick with cuteness... Shame on you!

-Marc

Looks like a great new family addition. BUT, I really want to know how you ended up with a Pink Dynon instrument. Guessing there is a good story behind that.

Pink Dynon

Looks like a great new family addition. BUT, I really want to know how you ended up with a Pink Dynon instrument. Guessing there is a good story behind that.

Hi Larry,

I had an early D-10 with an odd failure, and they send me a test unit of some kind as a replacement - the anodizing is fading, and I get "pink" in some light! The ems-d10 has a painted or powder coated finish that has stayed black.

Awesome!! I at some point want to do pilots and paws missions. Do you worry about hearing protection for the dogs? My 9A in phase 1 is REALLY loud inside.

On the way

Awesome!! I at some point want to do pilots and paws missions. Do you worry about hearing protection for the dogs? My 9A in phase 1 is REALLY loud inside.

We have ordered the hearing protection. It will be here this week!

My wife and I did a rescue mission for a little Labradoodle a while back that had to have heart surgery at the LSU veterinary school of medicine. We picked her up after her surgery and after spending a few days with us, we delivered her to her new owner. It was fun having a true mission to go on.
IMG_4269.jpg

Get mutt muffs to save her hearing. Our rat terrier wore hers many times without complaint. :p

Feline help...........

I think my IA is related to yours. I'm trying to teach him to buck rivets.

I think so! He won't buck rivets but will make snide remarks about the shop head when he thinks it's necessary.....:D

Does good Cub work as well.....;)

Attachments

• tpj3xcvc.png
    tpj3xcvc.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
Nice! My wife has been bugging me for a "purse puppy" for a while now. We have Newfoundlands. Not purse friendly. But I had to show her your little girl. It does not help my cause, but Newfs are not RV friendly.

Cute dog. Congratulations! Dogs own our hearts, and then break them. Tough cycle.

Back