What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Condition Inspection parts

RV6-KPTW

Well Known Member
Hi,

My baby is growing up and may have some needs at this annual.

I would like to stock brake pads and spark plugs just in case. I have all the small / lubricant consumables needed. Are there other things you think are good to have on the shelf?

The brake pads are Grove 066-106K or equivalent.

I currently have Lycoming 1182-G7 sparkplugs. In Champion land - is that a REB37E or RHB37E?

Are there any group observations about the Champion vs Lycoming spark plugs?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Mine are Champion REB37E. Aircraftspruce.EU confirms that this is the correct part number replacement: https://www.aircraftspruce.eu/1182-g7-lycoming-spark-plug---champion-p-n-reb37e-.htm

Regarding other items on the shelf: gaskets for mags (incase they break when you adjust/pull); tires/tubes (hard to find some of them); extra oil filters (hard to get); cotter pins for the main and nose gear; oil sump screen crush gasket (AN900-16)

_Alex

Last edited:
My list

My list:
  • Spark plugs
  • Spark plug copper gaskets
  • Spark plug anti-seize compound
  • Oil
  • Oil filter
  • Oil screen crush washer MS35769-21
  • Oil sample / analysis kit
  • Brake pads & rivets
  • Air filter, or recharge kit K&N 99-5000
  • Tires & tubes
  • Big cotter pins MS24665-359 for wheel hubs
  • Other misc cotter pins
  • Safety wire
  • Light lubricant (LPS-2 or equiv), for rod end bearings, TW swivel, etc.
  • Aeroshell 6 grease for prop
  • Aeroshell 5 grease for wheel bearings
  • Extra screws #6 and #8 for access covers
  • ELT batteries as needed

Only thing missing from the lists above are fuel strainer and or filter o-rings. Also, some exhaust gaskets and intake gaskets just in case.

Also, be careful using Aeroshell 6 on the props now. It appears there was a formulation change and it separates easier and peppers the canopy in flight. I switched to Aeroshell 5 (allowed in the manual for Hartzell); only limitation, can't but used below -40 degrees F.

Also, be careful using Aeroshell 6 on the props now. It appears there was a formulation change and it separates easier and peppers the canopy in flight. I switched to Aeroshell 5 (allowed in the manual for Hartzell); only limitation, can't but used below -40 degrees F.

Be very careful about greasing a Hartzell prop. A few years back they changed to another grease ("Nyco" ??) and it is NOT compatable with any AeroShell product. If you mix the two you just bought yourself an early overhaul.

Be very careful about greasing a Hartzell prop. A few years back they changed to another grease ("Nyco" ??) and it is NOT compatable with any AeroShell product. If you mix the two you just bought yourself an early overhaul.

Yep good point Bob! Check those grease labels as it’s a fairly new thing for Hartzell.

Thanks Folks,

This makes a great inventory list! I’ll compile the full list and post once I get to something with a larger screen and keyboard.

Dennis

Back