What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chomping at the bit!

cbennet1

Well Known Member
My crating date window is and has been steady at 3/30-4/27 for my first (fuselage) kit. Today I received the “pay the balance” email.

My question- ideally for someone who recently received a kit - is this about right from a timing perspective? I’m under no illusion that I’ll see the kit sooner - unfortunately.

Thanks!

My crating date window is and has been steady at 3/30-4/27 for my first (fuselage) kit. Today I received the “pay the balance” email.

My question- ideally for someone who recently received a kit - is this about right from a timing perspective? I’m under no illusion that I’ll see the kit sooner - unfortunately.

Thanks!

Don't hold your breath too much. I did final payment back on Jan 26th. Still waiting on fuse to be ready for my will call pickup and I am past the crating window that ended Feb 24.

Chapter 5

Thanks!

While your waiting, I suggest Chapter 5 would be well worth your time.

pretty close

Thanks!

Yeah that's about right. my -10 Fuse crating window was set for mid Feb-Mid March this year. I got the note for final balance the Wed before Christmas. then was ready for pick-up (will call) 26 Jan.

When you do get it, make sure you actually count anything with a qty. those blind rivets are not inexpensive to order and the end of the section and you find your a half dozen short :(

New window

They just pushed crating to today thru April 17th.

So maybe it will be crated tomorrow!?!? :rolleyes:

I do like the email I received from them today re: my finishing kit. The crating window is early July 2023-Aug 2023 which is sooner than my empennage (which was the first kit I ordered, go figure). The email provides access to a form to complete in the event you want to voluntarily push back your window to give someone further along on their build the opportunity to potentially get their finishing kit sooner.

It’s a no brainer for me as there is no chance I will be ready for it this year. It demonstrates some flexibility in scheduling that I had not really seen before.

Craig

And you’ll probably have items on backorder. I got my fuse kit over 6 months ago and still have items on BO.

UPDATE!!!!

The status on my fuselage flipped to “Assigned to crating” today! So that MUST mean I’m mere days away from picking up my kit! Woo hoo!

Ok, back to reality. :). I noted that most posts and vlogs I’ve watched point to the likelihood that some items will be back ordered. I did drop some items from my order and some - like the Andair fuel pump are on B/O in the Vans store so hopefully a minimum of what I need will be B/O.

Back