What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VC-195C Hatch Doubler on QB-Wings

BOHICA

Well Known Member
The QB Wing procedure step 2 says “Complete all of Page 17-05 except for those items pertaining to VA-195C and W-1019-L & -R.”

Except I have VA-195C that came with QB wings and it is not installed.

Is this a miss on the Quick builder side or do the QB instructions need updated or something else?

Talked to mothership and the VA-195C was not installed on my QB and was not installed on at least one QB-Wing there. Sounds like an inflight change to their QB-Wings that needs an update to QB wing procedure.

In short check your Left QB-Wing for the Doubler. Preping the part is on 17-04 install nut plate on 17-05 and install on 17-06. You will have to dimple skin on wing prior to install. Goes quick with squeezer on all steps.

The VA-195C was shipped with my wing.

Mine was not done either. Quite a bit of time starring at it wondering what I was missing. I went ahead and did it after not being able to figure out any possible reason it wasn't done. Thanks for the clarification.

Eric

VA-195C on QB-Wing

Talked to mothership and the VA-195C was not installed on my QB and was not installed on at least one QB-Wing there. Sounds like an inflight change to their QB-Wings that needs an update to QB wing procedure.

In short check your Left QB-Wing for the Doubler. Preparing the part is on 17-04 install nut plate on 17-05 and install on 17-06. You will have to dimple skin on wing prior to install. Goes quick with squeezer on all steps.

The VA-195C was shipped with my wing.

My QB-WING kit was also delivered without the VA-195C installed. It was included with the kit; just a little more work for us in the grand scheme.

Back