What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB-Wink Fuel Tank Leak Test

BOHICA

Well Known Member
Trying to figure out if I need to pull the tanks off the QB-Wings for the leak test.

What have folks done with their QB tanks?

I certainly would - just to inspect original work completed during construction behind the tank, and a double-check of the leak test. You'll need to anyways as you install senders, vents, etc......

Best to do it now so you don't get surprised later if there's any issue.

I did not pull my tanks from RV-14 QB wings. I was able to inspect most of the wing inners through the access holes and the outer bottom skin being off.
Senders, vents, and leak test can be completed with tanks on the wings. Van's did not instruct us to remove the tanks.

+1

I did not pull my tanks from RV-14 QB wings. I was able to inspect most of the wing inners through the access holes and the outer bottom skin being off.
Senders, vents, and leak test can be completed with tanks on the wings. Van's did not instruct us to remove the tanks.

Agreed......

Trying to figure out if I need to pull the tanks off the QB-Wings for the leak test.

What have folks done with their QB tanks?

You don't need to pull the tanks for the quick-built leak test but you will need to pull them for the leak repair. Might as well order the repair kit now...

-Marc

How are you gonna identify an aft baffle leak or outboard rib leak without removing the tanks? I think removing and testing them is an evening well spent. As compared to discovering a leak the first time you fill the tanks.

Back