What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy skirt bonding ?

ratc

Well Known Member
At last it time to bond the canopy skirt to the frame.

I've decided to use proseal on the exterior, hopefully for better paint adhesion.

What are current thoughts on pre and post cleaning fluids for plexiglass ?

Thank you in advance.

proseal

Use the Proseal for all bonding. It is compatable with everything and paintable. I only use mild soap and water to clean the canopy. S

what do you mean when you say "bond the skirt to the frame"? The skirt gets bonded to the canopy, then the canopy gets bonded to the frame - or am I missing something. I will be doing that as soon as I close out my wings so I want to make sure I understand this. I was considering using proseal as well. No fancy pants primers required etc and I have the gun and some experience with it.

Canopy skirt !

You're probably missing nothing but my poor description !
The canopy is already bonded to the frame with sikaflex ! The final process will be to bond the side skins to the canopy and rivet the skins to the frame.
Using pro seal for the "bonding" ! Hope that clears up the confusion ?

You're probably missing nothing but my poor description !
The canopy is already bonded to the frame with sikaflex ! The final process will be to bond the side skins to the canopy and rivet the skins to the frame.
Using pro seal for the "bonding" ! Hope that clears up the confusion ?

ah ok. Phew. I know some guys are using proseal instead of sikaflex to stick the canopy to the frame. That apparently works fine too.

thanks and good luck.

Back