What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Van's Items: 2020 Calendar and New Sign Kit

greghughespdx

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Quick post to announce we've released two new items on our web store, the 2020 Van's Aircraft Wall Calendar and our new Van's Light Box Sign Kit - ready to order for the holidays.

Calendars can be ordered at the below link, and will be shipping late November.

https://shop.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?browse=new&product=2020-calendar

As we did last year (only bigger!) we will be inserting GOLDEN TICKETS in random calendars with a variety of prizes, including:

$750 off any new Van's tail/emp kit order (one winner)
$250 off any new Van's tail/emp kit order (two winners)
$100 Van's gift certificate (five winners)
Winner's choice of any available hat or shirt from the Van's apparel store (52 winners)

We've ordered more calendars this year than ever before (3,000 total) since we ran out last year before people stopped trying to order!

... and the Van's Logo light-box sign kit can be ordered at the below link. It includes all the pre-punched/formed parts, a variety of hardware to allow you to choose your riveting "style," and the LED lighting to make it glow. It's also shipping in November (specs are on the web store):

https://shop.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?browse=new&product=VA-LightBox

And a quick video showing the sign kit:

Last edited:
I was there when the prototype was given away at Petit Jean. I really wanted to win that drawing! Maybe my significant other noted my enthusiasm and will order me one for Christmas since I wasn't the lucky winner. :)

"your odds of getting a GOLDEN TICKET in any given calendar are 1 in 500!"

60 tickets and 3000 calendars is 1:50 odds, not 1:500.

They look great. I tried to be the first from Down Under to order one, dunno how I went. :p Might help convince the KRviatrix to let me order the tail kit for the -10... :D

Wow - We've had even more orders for the Light Box Sign than we figured we'd get! Production of the metal parts starts soon, so the earlier we get orders, the sooner we can produce and ship them! If we continue to get orders at this rate, they might need to be set up as a limited edition at some point! :)

They look great. I tried to be the first from Down Under to order one, dunno how I went. :p
We all know the Van's guys and girls have a sense of humour. I put a note in my lightbox order "Trying to be the first Aussie to order one". This was in my email inbox this morning:

48954710217_fc215373fb_o.jpg

LED color

All the pics I've seen show the lights as Van's orange. Is the LED color changeable or can you recommend an RGB strip as a substitute? I'd really like to change the color to fit the feng shui of my hangar.

All the pics I've seen show the lights as Van's orange. Is the LED color changeable or can you recommend an RGB strip as a substitute?
I haven't got mine yet, but can't imagine it's difficult to replace the OEM strip with an RGB strip from eBay or wherever...

eBay and Amazon and others have lots of options for RGB user-definable or other color lights. The ones that come in the kit are orange. Of course. :)

xmas giving

PM me & I'll share ya one !
I had more family & friends than I originally accounted for & had to order another batch, guess I must've got some of the last ones (Monday).
Bob C.

New products?

My calendars did not come with a RV15 order form? I?m still out here, waiting

Thanks

PM me & I'll share ya one !
I had more family & friends than I originally accounted for & had to order another batch, guess I must've got some of the last ones (Monday).
Bob C.

That's great but really not necessary. I really appreciate that you would offer though. Share them with your airport buddies or something. Merry Christmas and good luck on your RV-12.

Mike

Back