What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where? To start

Not sure exactly what your asking, but if you want to know what sections need to be completed, the ones in gray in the image below are flagged as to be completed by the quick builder:
AoFbNgdAlkSyTGgEycgiOq-ERdU1bk4i0X8GJwZVLDoWCVMWDyZ6DVsCYAZebsB56Hry7P4sWhNyt41gnCINPuQGm_rrCV1mas0JRuEypcjigQf4wUJBlj-ztwWncm1KBJ1aiDq0QXOfgi1E5pTL1ZTeMA6qPKrwfH6WSBLdoJlyElMMWmgMRyvZmJjvU2b8H_8wsX1TvJEYej1Xwf13XJNr-0_dccfjKlZAgOCGEmLQzKuPeY41zFsm4uV_Tl-KT6x9fpe-XuPdS1_136AQHEiLX6q4hJPk_IsXipOmYbcB-yI0-bpIPZ9xIdsZWKQSQD9P0Z11WkhtxJFNOgHrL6PL1jGUTiVgf-0uZYargFdg5Ztqk1UrmPgW5CoSARln6Dis1ZmHKwhaf3SNO-Q4SqvH4uqNy7pfcH8f3tGLdf_H7uFmmxhkZUDeWDwl6X8-eDFrphRWGw_6vzlbl8ABQk4oOPgznuocFiMHZeuejd6QDfC_5GHddxBE6S2i2JkgOhQ2Qm93xR2Dm4S9D7DIhNsU1dYYCxGzEkdebeWvgGZLCzpI2Az5ueg-rLhyugLmJ3VzKKF1ZpzJKykib5Ov5emg6u9QseFuLnxoauVhL4aQzuUk6m0wbDWPyKJaBfV0cT4MdTQxGKH7XyHM2IQJPto56Q=w621-h668-no

QB RV10 work book

QB. RV10 work book, plans book ?
First impression after inventory.
Looks like The QB is built up to page 29-7. Not familiar with 10s.. so wondering where to start ,, looks like lots of places to miss something.

There is no separate QB plan set. Van's recommends you go through the slow build plans sent with the kit and confirm that each step has been completed on your QB. I did this on mine and found that there were several small things that hadn't been completed in the QB.

The QB constructors do a good job, but they aren't perfect. I am also under the impression that the items incomplete may be different in each QB shipped, so it is important for the builder to confirm that each step has been properly completed.

Hi Jay,

Drawing 3 for from the RV-10 kit assembly instructions is a keyed chart of all the plans sections. The sections that are shown with a shaded background are the sections that the builder completes when working with a QB kit.

Of course, it's always a prudent best practice to verify the work that's already been done (like Dave M already said, and which we also do in the post-construction Quick Build QA process here at the factory before we ship the QB kits to customers).

Hope that helps. :D

greg

You'll defiantly want to verify and work through the plans. I think I spent a good 6 hours or so on this and found some issues.

You'll defiantly want to verify and work through the plans. I think I spent a good 6 hours or so on this and found some issues.

I have done all slow build on my RV-10 project. This is one of the reasons. I've heard from several QB Builders that they found several errors and omissions in their QB kits. Then again, they still saved a TON of time; especially compared to how long mine is taking. :eek:

Thank you

Greg,

I’m not finding a drawing 3? Section 3 is tools and workspace
Page 3-3 list more tools?
Still struggling

Thank you for the responses. Big help. I’m very familiar with RV7 an8 QB kits.
This RV10 is a lot different.

Last edited:

What did you do about these issues? Did you tell Vans and if so what did they say? I'm thinking of going the QB route for the -10, but I'm worried about stuff like this.

What did you do about these issues? Did you tell Vans and if so what did they say? I'm thinking of going the QB route for the -10, but I'm worried about stuff like this.

I resolved them myself. I'm sure if they were substantial issues against airworthiness then that would be a different story. My items were rivets in places that shouldn't have them yet, or pan head rivets in countersunk rivet spots.... holes not drilled ect.

I am happy I went with the QB route, however you need to do your due diligence and in the end you're saving a substantial amount of time and there is a high level of quality to the work.

My worry was I wasn't going to understand how it all went together. But with the time spent working with the structures as well as the thorough walk through, that's not an issue.

Back