What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADSB call

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I was lazy and did not address calling Dynon about the update required for the 472 ADSB. Got a call from Dynon this afternoon asking if I had heard about the required update and that they are sending me out a new updated unit tomorrow and for me to return my unit to them when I receive the new one. I thought this was good service.
Thanks Dynon

Received mine about 2 weeks ago and it's working great. If you're using the Skyview Network be sure to do a hardware scan to update the network. I failed to do this on my next flight and got some configuration flags on my ADS-B performance report.

Last edited:
The ads-b box doesn?t connect to the sv network. There should be nothing needed to be done in settings when swapping the units.

You may need to update the 472 to the latest software after installation. The process is similar to the transponder.

I was lazy and did not address calling Dynon about the update required for the 472 ADSB. Got a call from Dynon this afternoon asking if I had heard about the required update and that they are sending me out a new updated unit tomorrow and for me to return my unit to them when I receive the new one. I thought this was good service.
Thanks Dynon

Enquiring minds want to know ... when did you 'apply for the -472 upgrade'? (i.e., how long have you waited?)

I know this is a thread high-jacking, but I'm looking anxiously for that Dynon call as I see Osh2018 approaching ...
(thanks for your post - a ray of light in the darkness)

Got mine as well... Looks like they're just going through the list and slowly contacting each person with the older box. I did nothing to start the exchange process, they called me.

Enquiring minds want to know ... when did you 'apply for the -472 upgrade'? (i.e., how long have you waited?)

I know this is a thread high-jacking, but I'm looking anxiously for that Dynon call as I see Osh2018 approaching ...
(thanks for your post - a ray of light in the darkness)

I already had the upgraded 472 , just needed the updated version. And no I had not contacted them about update, they called me.

I already had the upgraded 472 , just needed the updated version. And no I had not contacted them about update, they called me.

Got my Dynon-initiated call today. Revised 472 is on its way. Including the 470 that I had to begin with, that?s 3 ADSB-in receivers before 1st flight.

Have any of you guys make a mounting bracket for the 472 as it uses screw location from the 470? Dynon said I would get a call early Fall for mine.
Thanks, Mark C. IL

Have any of you guys make a mounting bracket for the 472 as it uses screw location from the 470? Dynon said I would get a call early Fall for mine.
Thanks, Mark C. IL
Mark: when did you request the '-472 upgrade from the -470'? (sounds like it was way later than the original announcements before OSH2017.

Most of the comments about 'got the call' seem to be very vague as to whether they are going -470 to -472, or -472 to updated -472, or some other configuration. It's difficult to even speculate whether Dynon is actually catching up with demand or still swamped by success.
THANKS

Dynon ADSB 470 to 472

Thanks, Mark C. IL

Here is the SV-ADSB-472 specification sheet:

http://www.dynonavionics.com/downloads/drawings/SV-ADSB-472.PDF

It shows the mounting hole measurements and the change in antenna plug/dSub connector locations. Print it out at 100% and it can be used as a mounting hole template.

Thanks, Mark C. IL

I could draw it up an buz it out on the CBC if you need.

Back