What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Showplanes Flap position switch failure

echostar7

In the process of figuring out which unlabeled circuit breaker was what on my new panel, while actuating the flap, I pulled the flap breaker. the FPS no longer works correctly :confused:.

pressing the flap switch momentary down does nothing but slightly move the flaps. holding down, it will go to 10 pause for a fraction of a second, then continue to 20 and stop. it will not go past 20 degrees anymore. up still works like normal.

Has anyone experienced this problem with the FPS?

In the process of figuring out which unlabeled circuit breaker was what on my new panel, while actuating the flap, I pulled the flap breaker. the FPS no longer works correctly :confused:.

pressing the flap switch momentary down does nothing but slightly move the flaps. holding down, it will go to 10 pause for a fraction of a second, then continue to 20 and stop. it will not go past 20 degrees anymore. up still works like normal.

I was wondering if you got your FPS controller fixed, Im trying to figure out how to remove it and use the GAD27 from Garmin

Maybe the problem, maybe not. But something to check.

The center screw jack arm (that extends out & retracts into the flap motor) should not be allowed to rotate (twist). This is supposed to be prevented by the jam nut on the rod end bearing at the end of it, & the jam nut should be safety tied to help keep it tight.
The notched rod is clamped to the center screw jack arm, the switching mechanism is clamped to the outer sleeve of the flap motor. When in operation, everything should be aligned parallel to the outer sleeve. If it is allowed to twist, the system won't operate, the switching mechanism looses itself. Also if the notches in the rod are not adjusted properly to the flap motor movements, same in-op scenario.
So, check flap motor for any twisting action, if found, tighten up the jam nut & secure. If the notched rod is misadjusted, or twisted, loosen off the clamp & reposition.

Hope you find the gremlin! & hope you are identifying & labelling those breakers!

Back