What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weight & Balance

pmshep

For those of you that have already done it, I'm looking for the information (your numbers) on Vans RV-12 Weight & Balance Worksheet page W&B-1 in the Production Acceptance Procedures document.
I would like to confirm my numbers with others. I have found no sample example of this page and am very courious what other folks are getting.....should all be the same except for options and paint, Right?
thanks,
[email protected]

Didn't do it?

So I guess from the zero replies that none of you with flying 12's bothered to weigh them?

Weight & Balance spreadsheet

I want to thank WALTER TONDU for making this Weight & Balance spreadsheet. He gets credit for doing the hard part. I hope that he does not mind that I modified it for the RV-12. If there are any mistakes, it is my fault and not his.
Notice that this spreadsheet has 2 sheets in the bottom left corner. One can click on the DATA sheet and change the wheel measurements in column E. On the WEIGHT & BALANCE sheet, change only the yellow items.
Joe
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B7ZTG2VpCuDRYWU0MzZjYTQtYmJlNy00YTY1LWEzNjktNTU3ZTQyNzUxMzg0&export=download&hl=en

FWIW

My plane is 2012, wheel pants, heavy paint about 16#, Dynon Skyview Classic with ads-b in and out, and autopilot, simple and weighs in at 770#. I weigh in at 250#. If I am going to add weight, without a passenger, it's going in the passenger seat, before it goes in behind me, and it's getting strapped in, as part of 50# or more.

Keep that CG forward.

Back