Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 08-28-2021, 07:08 AM

Default RV-12iS near Cincinnati, OH?

Hi All,

I am working on my RV-12iS (emp complete, waiting on wings) and am curious the difference in leg room/cabin space between the iS and legacy RV-12. I've flown and sat in a number of legacy RV-12 in the area, but never an iS.

Does the center column changes made for the iS cause a noticeable change in interior space? From the pictures I've seen, it looks like you don't have as much ability to stretch your leg into the passenger space when flying solo. May only be an issue for me in flights longer than an hour.

Are there any -12iS near Cincinnati/Dayton area, either flying or the fuselage complete where I could come check it out?

Thanks,
Dan

RV-12iS
Empennage Kit - Complete
Wing Kit - Ordered Feb 1, 2020
Old 08-28-2021, 09:52 AM

I have flown in both the legacy and iS versions. I understand the concern that the iS looks more restrictive because of the center tunnel.

However, in real life, I do not find it to be an issue at all. The iS tunnel/fusebox area takes up space that is otherwise unused in the legacy 12.