What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania tour and more...

TeroKaipio

I'm New Here
Trip

Beautiful photos!:) I would love to visit that part of the world and fly to places like that. I guess I can only dream of that now.:mad:

Spectacular scenery. About 2/3 of the way through I was wondering if your weather was always CAVU?!

Vlad - time to start planning a trip....

Vlad - time to start planning a trip....

Been there in last century one airport looks very familiar ;) Baltics region is really nice and different from the rest of Europe. Rich ancient culture good people. TeroKaipio great report!

Jyvaskyla Finland

I recently spent two weeks in Jyvaskyla (or Suolahti). I was "stuck" there over the Mid-Summer holiday and went searching for some aviating activities. Unfortunately, I didn't find anyone at the airport (they weren't joking when they said this was a national, get out of town, roll up the streets holiday). I was hoping there were some RV's in the country but didn't find any connections except in the Helsinki area.

It's a beautiful area and I'd love to see it from the air sometime. It doesn't appear that you need to worry about night currency during the summer :).

Regards,
Doug

What a great report. I'd love to visit some time. Part of my family, several generations back, is from that part of the world. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Vlad
"Been there in last century one airport looks very familiar"
You said in your story that "without terrain radar and afterburners"...
So my guess is that you are referring to Tartu :)

7DeltaLima
"I recently spent two weeks in Jyvaskyla"
If you ever come back, contact me. We can go and check the place from air with my RV.
My home base is only 20minutes from Jyv?skyl?.
Of course not during the Mid-Summer holiday :D

Thank you all for such positive feedback.

Great story and great pictures!!!

Those pork ears look... ummmm... how were they?

:D CJ

20120526_1845_Riga_01.jpg

Back