What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interesting Photo

60av8tor

Well Known Member
Kind of funny... I'm sitting in an aluminum tube on the tarmac in Philly this morning - about 15 in the cue - remembering how much I loathe flying the airlines. Flipping through the US Airways magazine, when I see this!

7925b6fe.jpg

Really neat to see - especially since I was returning from looking at a potential RV purchase.

Sorry if this has been posted. If so, I missed it!

That's Team RV

From L to R, those RV's belong to Ken Harrill, James Clark, Bill Crothers and myself. On many occasions we have opened the Winston-Salem Aviation Camp with a short presentation to the kids and a formation demonstration. This photo was taken at INT about 4 years ago.

+ Leggs & Stripes

From L to R, those RV's belong to Ken Harrill, James Clark, Bill Crothers and myself. On many occasions we have opened the Winston-Salem Aviation Camp with a short presentation to the kids and a formation demonstration. This photo was taken at INT about 4 years ago.

I can also see the tail sections of Len Leggette's and Tad Sargent's (his prior to SnF tornado) planes.

James
"CB"

Yes, that first plane is my husband's RV-6 which has now been flying over 10 years! He has made multiple panel upgrades and it is a great plane to fly! We have traffic and weather and WAAS gps - it is nice!:)

If you are considering an airplane, I highly recommend an RV - fun to fly around in and fun to go places in.

If you are considering an airplane, I highly recommend an RV - fun to fly around in and fun to go places in.

Initially I was set on a certified plane - cherokee, archer, etc - didn't really even consider experimental (had a lot of misconceptions about them). My first ride in an RV and it was over. What fun planes to fly and an unbeatable combination of speed, economy, and performance. I've been looking for quite some time. One deal fell through. I have found another plane - RV8A - and am in the process of the purchase. Hopefully this deal goes through!

On US Airways right? That is funny, just two days ago I saw that on a flight and was all excited showing my wife. She just rolled her eyes, I guess they'll never understand...

I just saw this article on Monday while flying to Tucson... I was travelling alone though so I couldn't turn to my wife or travelling partners and point it out.

Back