What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VH-VNZ First Flight

Bootscooter

Hi All,

You know how it is, the cut hands, lack of social life, short temper, long days, dwindling bank account, and then one flight makes it all worth it,

that was today for RV-7 VH-VNZ out of Bankstown, Sydney Australia.

When the controller said how'd she go I could only mutter... I cant talk for grinning!!!!

Thanks for everyones and in particular this website for all your much needed support. See you at OSH.

Rgs Chad Boot
VH-VNZ
Rv-7 Slider
Aerosport IO-375
Hartzell BA
Dual P-MAGS
Dual Dynon Skyview
A Gobsmacking Classic Aero Interior
Aeroled lights
Everything JDair has
How Good is Vertical Power!!!
to top it off Bonehead composite's cup holders!!

photo.jpg

RV-before.jpg

RV-flies.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome...and yes, I remember all of the above.

Congratulations on joining a rather elite fraternity of airplane builders worldwide!

Best,

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on the fledging:D

Good looking plane, I really like Crux on the tail.

Great job also Chad.
Hope your test flights are going well, looking forward to some speed reports.
VNZ... V= Vans, NZ = New Zealand ?

Congradulations Chad. Wow! It seems like only yesterday I met you in the hangar when Richard moved his -7 there. Well done. Your -7 looks great.
Cheers,
Cameron

Is your canopy stock?

Is your canopy stock - it caught my eye right away? It looks lower and sleeker than I'm used to seeing.

Bob Axsom

Instrument Panel

Thanks everyone for your feedback. As requested the instrument panel, I didn't want it looking like a "Sydney Morning Herald" I was after an uncluttered look, yet it still does everything and more, (thanks to Dynon) my next step would be the addition of a GTN650 to gain IFR, and next time I will go with the 10" screens there is just way to much info for 7" screens. Yep thats Boneheads Cupholders How Cool!!!
PS I am going to trim the Sticks down.

DSC01360.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Chad, glad you got to fly it first.
Looks fantastic, let us know when the testing is done, we are in YPMQ with ours, VH-UBB. See you in HKG.

Cheers, Paul.

Back