What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTX 23 Updates

lr172

Well Known Member
Stein told me that the GTX 23 can be updated remotely, but I can't find any information about how to do it. Can this be done? If so, is it via a serial port or through the G3X (I have 370's)? Want to know if I should leave a pigtail with a DB-9. Garmin won't update them at Osh anymore.

Thanks for any guidance on this.

Larry

Larry,
Is the Garmin won't update at OSH anymore a new thing.
I had mine done this year.
I think every other year for the par five I have had mine updated at OSH.
Easy enough to crawl under the panel and remove for a morning trip to the Garmin tent. I have never done remotely.

That was news to us (Garmin Engineering) as well. We certainly did not intend to stop updating GTX 23ES transponders at Oshkosh.

Larry, these transponders are currently only updated by dealers or by us at Sun-N-Fun and Oshkosh.

The current software is V8.04, but the changes from V8.02 don't appear to be significant for G3X/G3X Touch users.

Thanks,
Steve

That was news to us (Garmin Engineering) as well. We certainly did not intend to stop updating GTX 23ES transponders at Oshkosh.

Larry, these transponders are currently only updated by dealers or by us at Sun-N-Fun and Oshkosh.

The current software is V8.04, but the changes from V8.02 don't appear to be significant for G3X/G3X Touch users.

Thanks,
Steve

I apologize! I had asked if they could update my 430W at Osh and somehow today I remembered that as the 23ES. I stand corrected. Unfortunately I purchased this as New, Old stock so I don't know how old the s/w is. When waw 8.02 released.

Larry

I think 8.04 is the latest which was issued Jan 2018.
Has to be done using serial port 1, and a switch to go into test mode so usually done on the bench, software only available to dealers currently.

Last edited:
Software update

Hi Steve,
Do you know if there is anyone in Australia that will do the gtx23 es software update free? Mine is running 7.02

Thanks,

Haydn

Back