What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Drilling ribs for (right) wing wiring

ToadMan8

I'm planning an all-LED, night/IFR, RV-7A.

After searching these forums and reading posts for the last three hours (!!!) I believe I have concluded that I will drill the forward tooling hole to 5/8" for SB625-7's and I will drill holes to 3/4" toward the bottom of the wing next to the big lightening hole for SB750-10's. These will go in the locations specified by Van's - http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/Wing_Wiring.pdf

Before I close up the wing I will try to make some assumptions and run the wires, because I gather it's hard to run wire through snap bushings after the skin is on (though I'm not sure why that would be so hard...).

The left wing will be the same except I will consider the tubing for the Dynon pitot / AOA stuff?

Does this seem reasonable? Anyone want to talk me out of it??

Thanks!!!

Thanks very much for the link. It was timely. I hadn't seen that document and at that point on my wings.

Dave
RV-3B

Before I close up the wing I will try to make some assumptions and run the wires, because I gather it's hard to run wire through snap bushings after the skin is on (though I'm not sure why that would be so hard...).

It's not hard.

Any reason I shouldn't use the pitot holes in the ribs on the right wing? I don't see what else they will be used for, they are already opened up larger, and I don't see how the wires would interfere more or less with the aileron bellcrank going through the pitot holes rather than the neighboring tooling holes.

Back