What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battery cable and tie wraps?

cropdusterdave

Well Known Member
I'm in the process of tidying up my wire bundles and getting everything secured. I'm having trouble getting a good solution on my battery cable that passes through the firewall. I know adel clamps are the go to here. I'm wondering if I put some silicone tape around the attach points on the engine mount and put some tubing around the cable if I could use hi temp tefzel zip ties to secure it. Anybody have any knowledge on this?

Thanks!

Like you said, adel clamps are the standard practice. Any reason why that wouldn't work in your situation?

I've done that with SOME wires FWF (I cut firesleeve and wrap it around the mount, and then plastic tubing around a small wire and then a tie wrap around that BUT these are small wires.

I treated the battery cable like nitro, because it's just not one I want anything but treated like a baby. Same with the alternator cable. So Adel clamps.

I know people don't like Adel clamps much but, if you make a little angle "standoff" rather than just putting two together, they're pretty easy.

I've tried all the various tricks and tools. But this is the one that won my heart over.

Back