What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us your best picture of your RV Photoshop'd

Thanks Caveman,, I use other forums and have to trouble with pics?.

You are welcome Luke. I sent you a private message on how I posted your picture, so as not to derail the thread.

p.s. I want a ride in that thing if it ever becomes a reality!

The RV-J

RV-4JetJ_zps6d27a766.jpg

This should be Vans next project!

...and a new name!??

I think this would have to be relabelled as the 'F-4r' or something!

Looks like the wing is tapered already.....

and there's probably plenty of rudder, on the TWIN tails! :0
( you just can't see 'em in the photo! )

( Walter mitty helmet pulled on a little tighter...switching to missiles!)

J85 engine --- sweet

Hmmmmmmm good things do come in small packages :D

General characteristics

Type: Turbojet engine (with or without afterburner)
Length: 45.4?51.1 in (115?130 cm) (depending on accessory equipment installed)
Diameter: 17.7 in (45 cm)
Dry weight: 396?421 lb (180?191 kg) (depending on accessory equipment installed)

300px-J85-5_US_Airforce.JPG

now you're talkin'!

Mike, I did the tailhook a few posts ago, but if someone is gonna take on this challenge, why not twin tails, and a little re-heat ( afterburner) somehow????? :)
or.......
..........a cat' shot anyone!???:)

Last edited:
Retracts

Based on this thread, there looks to be a great desire for a retractable RV.

Thanks guys. Funny thing, I grabbed the RV still pic from my actual first flight video. At the time I was only taxiing by, but the still seemed to work well with the Wright Flyer photo. (Lots of elevator to pop it off at slow speed :)). Also a little hard to tell but I had to mirror the pic. (The data plate and I are on the wrong side)

Anyway fun thread with lots of good ones. Keep em coming!

Last edited:
Jeff, please check your PMs

Dayton Aviation Heritage NHS would like to use your photo and I've sent a PM outlining the details. Thanks!

Interesting... its prop turns the wrong way but its N number reads correctly. The pitot tube is on the correct side.

Either it's got an unusual engine or the only thing changed was the prop.

Dave

Says Minnesota.... so they photo-shopped out all the snow and winter parkas. Must have photoshopped in the wheels and removed the skiis too. Well done, I can't even tell it's been altered. :D

VLAD!

You know he is everywhere and it's hard getting a picture without his airplane on any ramp anywhere!

They just photoshopped his airplane out :D

Vlad's are definitely Photoshop'd. There's no way that refueling tanker could slow to Vlad's standard cross country "touring" speed :D

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

...hey, I was at Fleet Week SF last year...great show, but how could I have missed this!!! :eek:
must have been Friday during the practice!

nicely done!

( I think I'm about to magically become 'lead' for the Snowbirds! :)

Vlad what's the story behind this one? :D
vlad10.jpg

Formation flying?

Oh boy I swear I didn't see him. I was IFR via Vermont and must have been pushin' them buttons on my panel and missed the Raptor. Do you see how many kills he got on his belly? Glad I have N-number :D

Rutland.jpg

Not a Raptor

Oh boy I swear I didn't see him. I was IFR via Vermont and must have been pushin' them buttons on my panel and missed the Raptor. Do you see how many kills he got on his belly? Glad I have N-number :D

That would be an F-35 Lightning II

This thread would be more funner to read and look at if every picture wasn't replied (and therefore reposted) to 10 times. Is there an app for that?

That is exactly what I was thinking to myself as I noticed no picture in your post....

And now I did the same thing......................

Yeah!
You can see the RV was the original in the photo, check the tire marks! :p
The typical tailwheel pirouette!

Someone point Bethany Whitfield from Flying Magazine to this thread!!

Someone point Bethany Whitfield from Flying Magazine to this thread!! :D

Back