What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best cleaner

dan carley

Well Known Member
What do you use on your canopy
I’ve tried a few things very little scratches very small
What is the best cleaner-polisher

Thanks
Danny carley
N15vr

hey, this is important. a clean scratch free canopy allows the beauty of flight to shine thru. definitely Novus 1 and microfiber for me.

Microfiber and Plexus for me. I never wash my micro fiber with anything else in the load either.

SprayAway SW848

I use this, with Micro-Fiber of course...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2022-02-09 aÌ€ 08.53.58.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2022-02-09 aÌ€ 08.53.58.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 113
Dawn

I have found Dawn detergent and microfiber cloth is wonderful at removing bug residue. Dawn cuts oil and organic bug guts very well. Very light pressure on the cloth is all it takes.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/210cleaner.php?clickkey=8136

210 Cleaner/polish works the best in my book. I always spray the window with soft water (distilled works too) first, then wipe the water off with a clean microfiber, turning it so I always use a clean surface for each wipe. I then polish with the 210 and another clean microfiber. The key is to wash any loose dirt off the plastic first.

Years of flying sailplanes off a dirt runway teaches you lessons that you never forget.

-Marc

I get the bugs off by spraying with clean water and using the best chamois in the world - the palm of my hand. Dry with a clean microfiber cloth. If it needs polishing I’ll use what I have on hand, like Plexus, or something similar meant for plexiglass.

Back