What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Taos, NM RV ski trip advice needed.

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Hey everyone,

I'd love to fly my RV-6 out to Taos, NM when a VFR window presents itself for 1.5 days of snow skiing before the end of the ski season April 10th. Morning flight out (half day skiing), sleep, one full day skiing, sleep, return next morning.

Does anybody have a contact for a place to leave my RV (indoors preferable) at Taos's airport and maybe a place to stay in Taos on short notice?

I thought about calling Julie Roberts, as she lives there, but decided not to.

Here's the latest Taos ski resort webcam:
xcam.jpg

I sure would like to take my RV skiing for the first time this year! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,

Can't help you with the accommodations at Taos but I've skiied there before. That's one tough mountian. You've got to have your ski legs or you'll be spending more time in the hot tub than on the mountain! :p

The last time we skied Taos we stayed in town at the "Sun God". Don't have the number. It was ok as our intention was to ski rather than have glitsey arrangements.

There is only one airport, can't speak to the availability of hanger space.

You will need a car unless you pay the $$$$ to actually stay in resort. From town to the resort and from the airport to the resort is about the same distance as I recall, 45 minute.

Don't overlook Angel Fire, on the east side of Wheeler Peak, it's a favorite of mine and there is an airport there as well.

Julia should have plenty of room if you would want to tent camp, now that she purchased 100 acres from her neighbor, Rummy. Locals say they usually see her at the Walmart.

Steven L. Hild
RV-7 Fuse & former NM resident

Back