What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hi Moms...

pierre smith

Well Known Member
......and here's wishing all of you a very great day!

My Mom put up with me building model airplanes on her kitchen table in Rhodesia and getting dope drippings on there which she made me peel off:)

Then she bandaged my cut finger when I over primed the engine and the prop whacked it hard and cut me.

She picked me up when I got shocked by my open electric train transformer when I wanted to see inside what made it work!

Thanks to all you Moms for your love and care in raising us dummy pilots,

Regards,

Mothers

Good reminder, Pierre.

My mother always encouraged me, especially in building model airplanes, riding motorscooters and motorcycles (although a proposal by a H-D dealer to ride hill climbs was quickly snuffed, which in retrospect was probably a good thing), riding go-carts, building model cars, playing with electric trains and other boy-to-man things when I was a kid. Later, when I got my private pilot's license, she was proud of my achievement, although she preferred being on the ground watching my dad and me fly.

She passed away twenty years ago this month...and I still think of her almost every day. Thanks, Mom...for everything.

Don

Here's to Mom!

I was digging through some photos last night and came across this one - in honor of Mom, and all that she has put up with....flying, mountain climbing, caving, diving, motorcycling ... and a bunch more things that, well, she just doesn't need to know about... :eek:

I'd never have gotten where I am without her love and support through it all! (Her first time in ANY airplane was a ride with me - now THAT is faith!)

IMG_0357.JPG

Paul

Thanks Mum!

Notice the spelling.....I'm an expat Brit living over here and I miss my Mum terrible!

Yes she was the one who gritted her back teeth when she realised she raised a BOY!...Falling off bicycles, then motorcycles, then got whacked in the fact by a motorbike on my 12th birthday...that sort "rearranged" my face...Then skydiving, then rock climbing.

And now...Dear Lord...THIS!

She'll never stop worrying about me and I'll never stop loving her..:)

Frank

I visited with my mother this morning (she lives in New Mexico) and she's excited about coming up in a couple of weeks to fly with me in the RV. She's flown with me in every other aircraft we've owned and she's fired up about it. Like Paul's mom, my mother has put up with my motorcycle racing, my rock climbing, diving, etc, etc, etc. and she STILL loves me!
My kids waited patiently for my wife to wake up today, we had brunch together and reminisced about the last 20 years...then the kids asked mom what SHE wanted to do today...and this is it:

Back