What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crow Seat Belts

dekky111

Well Known Member
I just received my Crow 5 point seat belts with the camlock. They look great, but the 3" shoulder belt and lap belts look huge! Any complaints of discomfort wearing these belts? They seem really heavy.

Dekky111
RV7A
Finish kit

Crow 5 point belts

I like mine. Very comfortable and secure. A bit heavy but takeoff roll doesn't seem to have changed much. ;)

Crow seat belts

I also purchased Crow 5 point belts for my RV7a, BUT I asked if they would make them with 2 inch belts. The answer was yes, and then Fred asked what I was installing the belts in and when I answered an RV7a experimental airplane, he stated doesn't it have quarter inch bolt attachments. When I answered yes, he stated he would do those. I also asked for longer than 50 inch belts across the waist, I wanted 54 inch which was not a problem. When I received the two belts, the price charged to my card was less than the price on their web page for 3 inch belts. Our new RV7a 51 hours now and the Crow belts were a good move.

Tom Lewis
RV7a

Good Price, good quality- looks nice in box...

I bought 2 for my 9a in progress, got the "Y" instead of "V" 50" long, 3" wide, normal latching harnesses.

The look well made out of the box and the price was GREAT!

Could someone measure the thickness of the crow camlock? I can't find any good pictures. The Hookers I looked at seemed very thick compared to what I wore for many years. Thanks

Question re the camlock... do you have the option to release the shoulder harness without releasing the rest? Thanks,

Tammy

Back