What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

When Will You Be at SnF 2014?

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
There have been a few threads started in sub-forums, but how about one here in "General" - who's headed to Sun 'n Fun, and when will you be there?

I hope to arrive in "Mikey" (our RV-6) on Monday afternoon, and stay until Friday(ish). I have to fly all the way back to Nevada when I leave, so the "ish" is weather dependent. Staying in the Kitplanes house, but I hope to spend some evenings at the HBC tent to see who's there.

I'll be wandering the show most of the time - leave me a message at the Belvoir/Kitplanes booth if you want to get in touch.

See you there!

Hey Paul....thanks for the consolidation post:)

I will be there. Wife and I are heading down to Venice FL on Friday.....planning to be at SnF prob Tues, Wed & Fri. My pal Jim and I got to chat with you last year. I will stop by and say howdy...and I am planning to see the folks at HBC also.....looks as though it may be a little cooler this year:cool:

Have a fun and safe flight:)

I will be in HBC for the first year. Every other year I am with the certified by the VOR. Probably Tue, Wed & Thurs. I need to fly to Charleston Friday for a grandsons birthday. They should have know better than to plan a kid for birth during SNF.

SNF

Carol and I are planning to be there Tuesday-Friday. We are planning to camp in Homebuilt Camping.

Vic

Weather is looking good for my arrival in HBC Tuesday AM. I will probably stay until some time on Thursday.
One of my plans this year is to find some used 6 inch wheels at the flymart which I can use as temps while I am building the landing gear for my biplane project.
I also customized a camper's stool so I can watch departures and arrivals at the flight line without the orange fence being in my line of sight.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I plan to set off from SF Bay area on Sunday. Hoping for the current weather system will be out the way by then.

Should be in HBC by Tuesday morning and departing Thursday evening or Friday morning

I am flying down commercial, and will be there all day Friday, with my mobility scooter running WOT all day.

All day Tuesday .... hoping to meet up with some fellow RV14 builders. Please PM me if you're interested.

Cheers Jim

I'll be there all week, VP booth (Hangar D, booth 77) during the day or wandering around to visit folks, will be looking for some social gatherings during the evenings.

Stop by and say hi!:cool:

I'll be there the afternoon of the 1st and the day of the 2nd haunting the vendors and snooping around the -8s I find...taking lots of photos.

My plans are to drive down for Friday and Saturday with my son. He is interested in learning how to fly and wants to help with -8 build. Only a 3 hr. drive.:D

All week for me

I'm so close that the car is faster than driving to the airport and then flying down to LAL.
I'll be there on and off Tuesday through Sat night.

By the way, if you miss the Saturday night airshow with Team Aerodynamix, you'll miss the best of the airshow performances.

I'm going down this weekend and camping with the family through the end of the show. I'll be hanging around the Maverick booth some (next to Van's) throughout the week.

My plans are to drive down for Friday and Saturday with my son. He is interested in learning how to fly and wants to help with -8 build. Only a 3 hr. drive.:D

I have about 1/2hr shorter drive than you do so I will be going on Saturday and Sunday.

:rolleyes:

Tom and Bonnie and Claudia and I will be there. We will fly back to Florida from the Bahamas on Saturday and be at S&F for the week. We will be looking for you.

Martin Sutter
building and flying RV since 1988
EAA Technical Councilor

Ginger and I will be driving down with the camper this weekend and staying the entire week. Need the room for some new purchases! ::D

Monday through Friday

I'm heading down Monday and leaving Friday. Hope to see everyone down there. Getting primed to test out at Sun n Fun (and roll out @ Oshkosh) a program that allows an Additional Pilot on board (meeting certain qualifications) during phase I flight testing. Bringing the draft doc with me. Let me know if you want to chat about it.

Your resident HQ FAA guy...:eek:
-Mark

Not sure yet, totally weather dependent. Planning on arriving Wed/Thurs and leaving Sat/Sun. Hope to camp in HBC. Can't get much time off, really tight schedule so mother nature will have a lot to do with making it or not but would like to get together with fellow RV'ers if I make it. Any social events?

by land sea or air, rain or shine , ill be there every day and back home every night. 107 nm trip makes for some nice flying. if you want to join up for lunch we meet at the QB club building every day at 11;45, south side,next to sun n fun radio, behind honda display. probably the best food for the money. plenty of cold beer too. garmin booth in the big hangar tuesday 9am to see whats new.:D

Driving down Thursday, doing Friday and Saturday shows, driving back Sunday.
Not exhibiting, but wandering around!
Tom

I plan on rolling in Saturday evening or Sunday morning. We will have Three Rv-12s (EN-1, 3, and 6) there, along with 20 kids. I will leave Friday afternoon as I need to be back for a speaking engagement Monday. Come by and check out these three planes built by students. One is being flown in from Indiana by a 17 year old who got his license on his 17th birthday.

Bob

Tuesday and Wednesday for me. Flying into Leesburg and driving to the show with my dad who is starting a -10.

I'll probably be there Friday and Saturday, with an early Sunday departure.

Not sure if we're camping or staying at a hotel given the short stay.

Wish I could go :-(

I want to go, but I have to be on the road with work. Hope to make it next year!
I might make it to Oshkosh this year, not sure yet.

SnF

Some friends and l will be there Monday night through the following Sunday. It's an hour flight home to the home airport so I'll probably hop home a couple times to pick up or drop off friends.

planning to leave san antonio area on Monday...

and given the preliminary forecast, arrive Monday or perhaps Tuesday and stay until whenever we are done and the weather lets us go home.

Cool

by land sea or air, rain or shine , ill be there every day and back home every night. 107 nm trip makes for some nice flying. if you want to join up for lunch we meet at the QB club building every day at 11;45, south side,next to sun n fun radio, behind honda display. probably the best food for the money. plenty of cold beer too. garmin booth in the big hangar tuesday 9am to see whats new.:D

Hey Turbo......I plan on being at Garmin at 0900...gotta pick up a rental car in SRQ first as we are staying in Venice and I will be driving up. What time did you say you were buying lunch again?:D

Hey Turbo......I plan on being at Garmin at 0900...gotta pick up a rental car in SRQ first as we are staying in Venice and I will be driving up. What time did you say you were buying lunch again?:D
i think i said 11.45??.. you need to show up to find out?? best food and cold beer for a buck?..:D:D:D

you need to be let in by a member?.. thats me? will be on the front deck?.
45f88e2cfc696fd69c48059ec144f7e9.jpg

Glenna and I will flying in from the Keys tues and back down here on fri. I'm not to sure we will be able to handle the cold weather up there in the Lakeland area.

Buddy of mine and I are flying in late Wednesday and staying until Sunday.

RV isn't done yet, so we will be flying the Cardinal.

We would love to meet up with anyone that has a flying 9.

-Dan

I'll Be Close

I'm gonna be just south of there in Bartow working all week... :mad: does that count? It'll be hard watching the planes fly overhead everyday. Might try to sneak over there on Sunday if I get a break in the action. ;)

We arrive Tuesday.

Plan on visiting Wed/Thurs/Sat (for day and night show)

I have a VAF cap and sun glasses on - stop me if you see me !

Susan and I will be there Wednesday through Saturday. Have to fly commercial since wings and tail feathers alone aren't enough to get airborne. Hope to see a bunch of completed -7s to get ideas for going forward.

I will be there one day, but not sure which day. At the top of my list is to sit in a taildragger tipup 7 or 9. Vans isn't bringing either their 7 or 9, so hopefully I can find a VAFer that is willing to just let me have a look for a few minutes.

Driving up ...

Will be driving up from our place in Venice, any of Tues thru Friday .... Not sure which days yet.

Headed Northeast on Monday

I'm leaving from McAllen, TX on Sunday headed for LAL. Taking the scenic route along gulf shoreline. Sure wish my 9 had more gas and a turbine. It would save me 200 miles on the trip if I could go direct across gulf. Oh well its **** to be poor!!! Will be in HBC most of the week. Ted

Thursday thru Sat./or Sunday

I'm flying down in the 182 Thursday. (4 still not flying)
Staying thru Sat. at least.
We are staying by Exit 33. Will buy you a beverage if anyone is hanging out at Applebee's after hours!

I have to head to dallas in the morning for re-current, then get stuck on reserve for april so I don't know for sure but I am looking forward to the first cross country ( all 60 miles of it) with the new skyview in the RV-4.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Hmmmm....

Hey Jesse.......i dunno....i am sitting at IAD airport waiting for a flight to Florida, i can't see the campground from here.....I would think you be the one to see if anyone else is there yet...unzip the tent flap and look around lol :D
Sorry man just had to make a wisecrack !

Shameless vendor plug...

I'll be there, as usual. Stop by and say hi, see Trutrak's new stuff, chat about the weather, airplanes, cars (my favorite subject), beer, anything! I'm there all week. Hangar A, right past the Bose tent.

I was at Cedar Key yesterday, now in Delray Beach visiting my son. Be there in HBC on Monday evening.

John Morgan

Hope you stay for the Saturday night show...

Guys,

Team AeroDynamix is only performing during the Saturday night show this year. Hope some of you can stay around to watch and please come introduce yourself to the team. We always enjoy meeting fellow RVers.

Back