What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Awful story....

Wills_9A

Hey folks,

I don't know if anyone has heard of this, but it is just about the most awful thing I have ever heard....two kids, 12 and 14, their mother died in a car accident in 2007 and now their father killed while working on a King Air

http://tinyurl.com/6ysleq

I searched the forums and found out that Larry Hagerman has helped homebuilders at the Air Races at Taylor Airport in 2007...

"Larry Hagerman, the owner of Aircraft Certification Services has moved on the field at the Taylor Airport. For the day of this event, May 19th 2007, Larry will be performing transponder certifications with all documentation for a flat fee of $50.00. No that was not a typo. A flat $50.00!"

If anyone knows if their is anything that can be done for the kids (money, etc.) could you post a link?

Thanks.

Will,

Yes, I actually heard about it on another loop (a Mom's group). I'll look again and see if there's a fund set up... what a tragedy. I lost my husband 2 years ago, and can't imagine a worse nightmare.

More info

There are others here in Austin that monitor this forum and know more details than I do. I know there are lots of aviation related organizations locally that are putting together plans of action to help. I don't have any details to pass on right now. Please keep this family and especially the children in your prayers for a long time. For now or untill i have the ok to post more info, I feel it is ok to pass on the following information:

(email received this past weekend)

Subject: Larry Hagerman Services

I certainly hope this e-mail is not the first communication you are receiving regarding the passing of Larry Hagerman. If so, I am sorry you are hearing it this way.

Our loss of Larry is incomprehensible. However, the outpouring of love and support from across the entire country is overwhelming and comforting. Please pass this e-mail to anyone and everyone who might want to know.

Larry is blessed with a loving family who have all come together with his many friends and Church Family to help comfort his children and make decisions.

What about the children?

Larry?s sister Kathy (?Red?) has accepted guardianship of Larry?s children (Weston and Ashley). She will be moving to Pflugerville and will be raising the children in their present home. During the immediate transition period, there are several close family friends who will be helping with the children until she can get moved down.

What can I / we do?

(1) Forward this e-mail to anyone and everyone you can immediately. Call anyone and everyone you can so they know the arrangements ASAP.

(2) In lieu of food, we are requesting donations of gift cards to HEB, Wal-Mart, and restaurants. These gift cards are being used immediately by care coordinators to provide for immediate meals and necessities. They will also become invaluable to the family in the future for many months to come.

(3) In lieu of flowers, a trust will be set up to receive donations in the Hagerman family name.

Details of coming events are as follows:

Visitation

Date: Sunday, April 13, 2008

Time: 2:00 pm ? 4:00 pm

Where: Beck Funeral Home, Pflugerville, TX ? (512) 251-3500

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=3...home&csz=Round+Rock,+TX&fr=&lcscb=GVNrQYZrTJn

Memorial Service

Date: Monday, April 14, 2008

Time: 11:00 am

Where: Pflugerville First Baptist Church, Pflugerville, TX ? (512) 251-3052

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=1...st&csz=Pflugerville,+TX&fr=&lcscb=GVNrQYZrTJn

Burial

Date: Thursday, April 17, 2008

Time: 10:00 am

Where: Cook Walden, Pflugerville, TX ? (512) 251-4118

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=3...en&csz=Pflugerville,+TX&fr=&lcscb=GVNrQYZrTJn

Again, please forward this information on to everyone. Please ask them to reply to my e-mail account if they wish to be included on future e-mails.

I will be monitoring my e-mail daily and can also be reached mobile @ (512) 801-6479.

Thank you and please pray for the family.

Brad Benne

Aircraft Certification Services LLC

209 Airport Road

Taylor, TX 76574

(512) 352-6525 ph

(512) 352-6525 fax

Back