What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV4 Aerobatics First Attempt

A short (2:45 Minute) compilation of my first two solo aerobatic flights in my RV4.

(After several hours of upset, unusual attitude, and aerobatic training with an instructor in a Super Decathlon)

Please be gentle with comments on technique, both aerobatic and video.
My wobbles in flying technique probably due to the death grip I had on the stick. From nervousness with no CFI to save me if I botched a maneuver.

And the GoPro is brand new with only a crude editing program available.
OK... No more excuses...
Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNIFpaAMktQ

Sweeet!

John, it looks like you are having a ball! And I really like your approach to aerobatics. You got some great training and then practiced at altitude. I encourage you to take it one step further and get with your local IAC chapter. It's not just about competition but most chapters also have training days where you can learn the finer points of aerobatics and meet some really great like-minded folks. There's a chapter near you. Tell Eric I sent you.

IAC Chapters:
IAC 58
Conestoga, PA
President: Eric Anderson
Meetings: Every 1st Tuesday 10:00 AM
500 Airport Road
Lititz PA 17543

Looking good John! Remember to always do the same number of rolls to the left and right or else your headset cable will get all twisted up. ;)

nice video

Enjoyed the video, music, and editing. Nice touch with the mirror on the right side to show where you're looking during the loop.:) Look forward to more.
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
lower Alabama

Nicely done on all fronts:) I enjoy doing the same in my 8, none better than Centerline seating for aerobatics, you become one with your machine:)

My CFI

Thanks for the compliment.

My CFI is Jim Mancini at South Jersey Regional Airport (VAY)
He's a superb and patient teacher. Highly recommend for aerobatics, tail wheel, upset and unusual attitude, and just about anything else you could think of.

Back