What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antisplat Foot Bar

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I have seen posts on the antisplat foot exit bar and decided to get one. My plane is in Idaho and my friend Chuck is finishing the phase 1 flights. I had it sent to Chuck and he installed it. n his words, It is worth its weight in gold!

I cant wait to try it out myself. The older I get the harder it is to get into my truck let along a Vans airplane!

When Alan finishes up his design on the ejector seat, I will get that too!

Attachments

• floor bar.jpg
    floor bar.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 337
Fuel Injected

I recently installed the FI version in my -7A and can confirm that it fits well and works as advertised.
I will have to remove the bar in order to do condition inspections/service on the FI pump and filter.

I recently installed the FI version in my -7A and can confirm that it fits well and works as advertised.
I will have to remove the bar in order to do condition inspections/service on the FI pump and filter.

I have the bar in my 9a with FI and did not have to remove the bar for fuel filter inspection. They are built per plans for Airflow injection.

I bought the fuel-injected version Anti-Splat bar before I understood the various FI layouts different builders used. My IO-320 is fuel-injected (obviously), but none of the FI bits are in the "tunnel"...all are on the tunnel. I could have (should have) bought the straight bar for this application but this was one of the first "aftermarket" items I added and didn't know any better. As it turns out...no problem. It's a really clever addition and makes entering and exiting much, much easier. And Allan is just such a nice guy....this bar was a win-win-win all around.

Super deal

Ok Ok Ok I'll add my three cents in too.
I have the fuel injected foot bar in my RV-6A and it clears the dual SDS fuel injection pumps real nice.
I built a cover for the pumps and there is still lots of clearance.
I like it for the ingress/egress part, But it is real nice for a foot rest also. Kinda like riding on a tractor, lots of places to put your feet. Not so in the tiny RV's
My three cents worth Art
Good job Alan

Back