What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder jig & Manual instrutions

Brdog42

Well Known Member
Need Rudder jig & Manual instrutions

Can anyone help? I?m in Arizona.

Need to use a rudder jig. And need builder manual instructions.

I have an RV-6 and I?m gong to re-skin the rudder due to hangar damage on trailing edge. I (think) have all parts and materials from Van?s for the job. Two sheet metal experienced A&Ps will be helping/teaching me sheet metal work this Saturday. By re-skinning the rudder. BUT, I need to find a rudder v-jig. And I don?t have the older (pre 1995) build manual/instructions.

Will anyone be able to help with these two items? I?m in Chandler, AZ but driving to Tucson, Payson, Prescott, etc. is no big deal.

Thanks,

Tim RV-6A s/n 22529
480-862-3128 Text/Call OK

Last edited:
I have a copy of the pre 1995 builders manual. It includes drawings of the rudder and elevator jigs. If you can't find the jigs locally, I can email them to you. PM me your email details if interested.

Jigs/Holder

That is easy to make off the old rudder.

But - you should order a set of plans/instructions from Vans on a USB storage stick. Just call and give them your airframe number.

We?ve already taken the old rudder skin off and removed the stiffeners. I have the preview plans from Van?s, but they have instructions for the newer rudder. I will call them tomorrow to see if the have the build instructions for the original type rudder.

Thanks.

Tim

Steve,

Thanks-A-Ton! Especially for including the jig plans. I can get those built tomorrow.:)

Tim

Back