What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

oil door fastners help

Rdwrv4

Well Known Member
I cut and hinged my oil door then installed camlock wing nut fastners I have alot of interference and need to change to something else that is shorter. any Ideas?
thx Robin

Some of the receptacles are adjustable. The Skybolt type have a spring clip on the outside that locks the adjustable insert. The trick is to insert something like a scriber under the spring clip then turn the insert with a screwdriver.

I'm sure there are other types so yours may not have this feature, but it's worth a look...

camlock

the camlocks are the right length they latch fine once in the socket it is the geometry of the cowl cheek and the arc of closing that creates the interference

Last edited:
Replace the receptacles (assuming they are fixed kind) with the floating kind??

4002_series_floating_camloc_receptacle_-_244-16.jpg

Last edited:
those look cool but I do not think they will solve the problem getting the studs to the socket is the problem if the studs floated and had some angular compliance they would work fine

I moved the location of mine so that they were at right angles to the line through the hinge. that is I put them on the curved face, rather than on the straight face. that is on a $ which is possibly different

cool

you understand the problem but I do not want to change that cuz it will make the opening too small right now I am considering nutplates and screws or maybe a latch hoping to find a 1/4 turn type solution something with short studs

1/4 turn fasteners

Robin,
Give me a call if you like, we'll get you fixed up.

Best,
Jeremy
MilSpec Products, Inc.
T. 352-735-0065

Back