What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

the right carb on a RV6A with o320 150hp

edstepec

Lot of things I'm thankful for in life and especially this forum with knowledgeable people. So many posts on carbs and I'm still unsure what to ask for. I have a RV6A, o320, 150 hp with a MA4SP 10-5009 carb. It runs way to lean, occasionally stumbles and runs hot. I spoke to Lycon, they can convert mine to a 5009N with the pepperbox. Is the pepperbox jet configured to .106 diameter or is it just stock for all?? If you had a choice, what carb would you use on a 150hp RV6a? Your response is greatly appreciated. I had an A&P remove my 5009, take it apart , put it back on and said it is the right jet for that carb. $250 I'll never see again...

Moved to Traditional Aircraft Engines forum

Ed, this belongs in the engine forum, not the general discussion.

I have move it for you.

Ok thank you Mike. I kept reposting thinking it disappeared to cyber blackhole. :)

Nope, just moved.

I try to put things where they can be found by someone who thinks "well, there was something about XXXX on VAF a few months ago" ---- where would they find it?

I had a similar situation and shipped the carb back to the factory. Don’t remember the details but there’s more to it than just the jet diameter.

Back