What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder cables and interior

Dave S

I have interiors from Cleaveland Tools I am trying to install. Seems straight forward, but my question is how does it fit with respect to the rudder cables.

Does the interior fit against the outside skin with the rudder cable on the outside exposed, or do I attach the interior panel on the spars as to create a cavity for the cable to sit in?

Any thoughts on adding a plastic tube between the bushing for the cable to slide in thus keeping it from rubbing against the interior or the passengers.

John,

I was wondering if a plastic tubing would work, didn't know anything like this existed.

I usually try and search first, but for some reason I didn't even think about it this time. Thanks for the link, and then suggestion.

-Dave

I used some CPVC pipe. I think it was 3/8" but maybe 1/2"? I cut it about 4 inches longer than the opening between the ribs so I could slide then through. I put a coupling on the end to keep them from coming out. Worked well in my opinion and no chance of being pinched by my arm or the interior panels.

Back