What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-6A Owner, recently purchased

Reboot

Hello everyone... I'm a new RV owner. I purchased RV-6A June 8th. I live outside Chicago and purchased the plane from CA. Flying it home was the first time flying over mountains. WOW, what an incredible experiance.
I meet several RV6 owners at OSH and got a lot of ideas regarding a new panel and interior. Thank you for everyone, especially Turbo, that gave me your time at OSH....
Mike

it was fun spending time at the red barn every morning talking rvs. keep us posted on your progress.
IMG_1392.jpg

Congratulations on the new plane. I also recently purchased an RV6A (April
16), it is still sitting in the hangar waiting on me to finish my PPL and transition
training. Can't wait to fly it.

Congratulations on the new plane. I also recently purchased an RV6A (April
16), it is still sitting in the hangar waiting on me to finish my PPL and transition
training. Can't wait to fly it.

Congrats Gene! I wish I would have bought a plane when I got my license. I am enjoying flying more then ever now tha I have my Rv6..

Congratulations Mike and Gene. Gene, I bought my RV-9A before I had a license and was fortunate enough to find someone to train me in it. You may have already checked this, but I wanted to mention it in case not.

Blue skies,
Tim

Mike, sorry for the lack of clarity. No, I meant Gene may have already checked around for a CFI to train him in his RV-6A. I lived in DC at the time and checked around the airport and found a guy who loves to fly about anything he can and is well-respected by other pilots there. He agreed to fly with and train me. Did the same with another guy who flies another experimental. I had a chance to get to know my plane well and enjoy it this way, not to mention saving the cost of renting one.

Tim, thank you for the suggestion. I have checked around and there is no one
really local that will train me in my RV. Transition training they will do but not
primary instruction. The DPE that the flight schools around here use is also not
willing to do check rides in experimentals. Not a problem. Check ride is
scheduled for 2 Sept and then it is on to transition training. Soon I will be
flying my airplane.

Back