What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sport EX Touch Screen

edclee

Well Known Member
Patron
Does anyone have the Sport EX who opted for the touch screen? I have an EX on order and am considering adding the touch screen. Is it worthwhile?
Ed

Does anyone have the Sport EX who opted for the touch screen? I have an EX on order and am considering adding the touch screen. Is it worthwhile?
Ed
I have the Sport EX touch screen and I've basically never used it outside of checking to see if it works. I'm day vfr only - perhaps there is something that you might need it for that I never use, so probably best to let the GRT guys convince you. The knobs and buttons work great, are well-designed, and have good tactile feedback.

The option I didn't buy - which I didn't even know was not included until much later - is the vertical software. Now I'm kind of struggling to plunk down $400 for it.

Probably best to save your money for a fuel or other toys. Personally I don't like the touch screen, they are pretty useless in turbulence.

Back