What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LED Light Options

cwilkins

What LED lights are you guys using? I was thinking about Flyled, but might be going in a different direction.

I have AeroLEDs for all my nav, position, and taxi lights. I use the FlyLED Seven Star landing light: Insanely bright!

FWIW I use AeroLED for Nav/Pos/Strobe/Tail, Kuntzleman for Beacon and Baja Designs for Landing and Taxi. 1000% satisfied with them. YMMV

:cool:

I installed some from eBay and have no issues with LED power supply produced noise and they cost me about $10. I did have to go through a few models to find a set that didn't make any noise but I still didn't spend more than $40 until I found the right ones. It's the same models I used with my Cessna and they lasted about 2 years until I sold it and they're still working for the new owner.

You can buy what everyone buys or you can EXPERIMENT like your certificate says and test a few until you find something that works. It's not I'm going to fall out of the sky due to an LED any time soon.

AeroLeds

Extremely happy with my AeroLeds Nav/ Strobs. Super bright and if you wire them as directed from AeroLed there is no problems with electrical noise in your audio system.

I've installed AeroLEDs for NAV/Strobe and Landing/Taxi on my RV-10. Very happy with them, although it was a pain to have to cut the front of the wing tips and glass in a modified tip to fit the Landing/Taxi lights. But the end result is great.

Back