What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

704CH - First Flight

704CH

Well Known Member
One month shy of 4 years on my standard build and she flew ! I tried to keep it a low key event, Bekah was there and lucky for me a tech advisor who owns an RV-8 on the field showed up at last minute. All went as planned and I am still in shock about what I did over the weekend. 2 flights in total and all is going well. I have a video on my blog, the editing is not very good, but the view and experience from it is great.

Beautiful blue sky weekend in Seattle, couldn't have been better.

More details: http://www.704ch.com/2013/03/704ch-first-flight.html

Thanks

Yay!

I have followed your build log as I am working on mine, and feel just a little excited myself in your accomplishment! Many congratulations!

Congrats

Hey Chad,

Great job. Now get that 40 flown off so the fun can really begin.

Wow, a clear day in Seattle. Amazing:D

Congrats, Chad! Great to see that beautiful airplane out of the hangar and in the air.

-Rob

Alpha 7!

Great landing and you even made Alpha7! Next time you can give me lessons on landing the big runway. Way to go Chad, you will never forget that flight.

Awesome Chad, congrats! I've checked out your site several times in the last four years during my build...and I am not far behind you, hoping for a first flight this summer. Enjoy your new bird.

Chad,
I have tried to say congratulation a couple of times but the post is not showing up, so here goes again,,your plane looks great and the video was super, hope to be there in a while.

Smilin' Jack

Great job! Congratulations. You looked cool as a cucumber in the video :)

I wish my first landing in my -8 was that good ....

Back