What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bowers ram air filter dimensions

Gonzo24

Well Known Member
anyone have a drawing of the outside dimensions of the bowers ram air set up for a 360 - 375 engine with AFP FM200 fuel servo? are adapters needed to fit it to a FM200 servo?

emailed Rod but would like the info this weekend as I am working on the intake area of the -7 project.

thanks,

anyone have a drawing of the outside dimensions of the bowers ram air set up for a 360 - 375 engine with AFP FM200 fuel servo? are adapters needed to fit it to a FM200 servo?

emailed Rod but would like the info this weekend as I am working on the intake area of the -7 project.

thanks,

Drawings don't exist or at least Rod doesn't share them. Most of the documentation I received from Rod was hand written. I have a RV-10, so I can't specifically address your question. But if I had to guess, he'll supply everything you need.

On the RV-10, he supplies an aluminum 90 degree elbow that will mount to the sump. You take off the AFP mounting bracket off the bottom of the engine. Then mount the FM200 to that elbow in a horizontal orientation. Per Don at AFP, the fuel and throttle controls will need to change (i.e clockwise to counter clockwise or vice versa, I don't recall). AFP made the change at no charge. I did have to cover shipping.

The number on his website is his cell. He does answer it after hours. I haven't talked with him for awhile. He was having some health issues, but I hope he's past those. He was taking some of my calls while in the hospital. I didn't know that until afterwards. Give Rod a call, he does like talking with customers.

bob

p.s. I'm at KDLZ if you want to see one in person

Bob - thanks for the info. sorry to hear that Rod is having health issues. i certainly hope that this will be behind him soon. I'll give him a call after the weekend to check in.

I checked your set up out on your website. looks like you are close to putting air under the wings. keep up the fight. won't be long now.

Drawings don't exist or at least Rod doesn't share them. Most of the documentation I received from Rod was hand written. I have a RV-10, so I can't specifically address your question. But if I had to guess, he'll supply everything you need.

On the RV-10, he supplies an aluminum 90 degree elbow that will mount to the sump. You take off the AFP mounting bracket off the bottom of the engine. Then mount the FM200 to that elbow in a horizontal orientation. Per Don at AFP, the fuel and throttle controls will need to change (i.e clockwise to counter clockwise or vice versa, I don't recall). AFP made the change at no charge. I did have to cover shipping.

The number on his website is his cell. He does answer it after hours. I haven't talked with him for awhile. He was having some health issues, but I hope he's past those. He was taking some of my calls while in the hospital. I didn't know that until afterwards. Give Rod a call, he does like talking with customers.

bob

p.s. I'm at KDLZ if you want to see one in person

ramair dimensions

I will be putting the ram air dimensions on my web site next week. Should have done that a long time ago and it addresses the different size of filter and the fuel servo being used.
I have had a little health issue with bladder cancer and have a new part to get used to. Dont beleive all they say about extended warranties. The chemo and radiation wont last forever and I am very optomistic at this stage. Rod

I will be putting the ram air dimensions on my web site next week. Should have done that a long time ago and it addresses the different size of filter and the fuel servo being used.
I have had a little health issue with bladder cancer and have a new part to get used to. Dont beleive all they say about extended warranties. The chemo and radiation wont last forever and I am very optomistic at this stage. Rod

Rod,

Glad to hear your prognosis is getting better. My mother is just finishing her chemo. I know how bad that sucks to go through.

You'll be glad to know I got around all the issues we initially had. The sad news that there were other items that prevented me from flying this year. A new job killed my free time for building this fall. It now looks like spring.

bob

Back