What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IFR Half Moon Bay to Napa

Nice to get 5,000 over the Pacific .. I skirt under the Bravo at 1900 going past SFO. Nice video.

Both videos were great, thanks. I too am interested in the GRT equipment, how you use each display, how to control the autopilot, etc. Keep them coming!

This was the perfect way to start my morning before going to work on my RV-8. You already know about my love for the Bay Area, my old stomping grounds. Every time I see a view of San Francisco that includes the famous Sutro Tower, I remember the time I was working at that site and I was allowed to see the view from the top of that tower. And don't get me started about Marin Headlands... my favorite place on the planet.
ACtC-3e_qeAAJteZbJ1hZzXXTU0UaK6Rcc-uHwVAo_BHrlWluvbsNYRCuf6aNrPbtd6pgJuS35F68Eu2EaofKw-a_Bq7AgiXIFELPaYIBcd6ttZoRkaSZ_5cKykr2vqF7wz2BEXDrErqZM4h46oAYtVnx93P=w900-h700

Peter,

Know of any brand mufflers that are really quiet for an O-320 or O-360 Lyc? I've about 50 hrs on my RV-12, getting my pilots license, and I am beginning to think I might want to step up to a RV-9A with a 320. I'm an old man, and I like quiet exhaust systems, my racing days are long gone.

Nice, current equipped panel in your rig, there.

Which camera and setup did you use for the zoom, pan, rotate shot outside the right wing? That was awesome.

Sam

Last edited:
Both videos were great, thanks. I too am interested in the GRT equipment, how you use each display, how to control the autopilot, etc. Keep them coming!

Thank you! I will get some better video on the automation for sure. This was my first go at a multi camera video. I now have the filters that will show the screens better.

This was the perfect way to start my morning before going to work on my RV-8. You already know about my love for the Bay Area, my old stomping grounds. Every time I see a view of San Francisco that includes the famous Sutro Tower, I remember the time I was working at that site and I was allowed to see the view from the top of that tower. And don't get me started about Marin Headlands... my favorite place on the planet.
ACtC-3e_qeAAJteZbJ1hZzXXTU0UaK6Rcc-uHwVAo_BHrlWluvbsNYRCuf6aNrPbtd6pgJuS35F68Eu2EaofKw-a_Bq7AgiXIFELPaYIBcd6ttZoRkaSZ_5cKykr2vqF7wz2BEXDrErqZM4h46oAYtVnx93P=w900-h700
That an awesome pic! That view must have been breathtaking!

Peter,

Know of any brand mufflers that are really quiet for an O-320 or O-360 Lyc? I've about 50 hrs on my RV-12, getting my pilots license, and I am beginning to think I might want to step up to a RV-9A with a 320. I'm an old man, and I like quiet exhaust systems, my racing days are long gone.

Nice, current equipped panel in your rig, there.

Thank you for watching! I am not the builder of my bird but I do know the 3 bladed prop made things much smoother and quieter. The 12 is a great plane. The 9 does not have as good of visibility but that speed difference is too much fun!

Which camera and setup did you use for the zoom, pan, rotate shot outside the right wing? That was awesome.

Sam

Its a gopro max360. Its pretty easy to set up and use. You edit it all after shooting the video. Thank you all for giving it a watch!

That an awesome pic! That view must have been breathtaking!

Breathtaking is the perfect word... especially when walking along a stainless steel catwalk that you can see through... and look straight down... 800 feet!
(Why am I telling you? I'm telling EVERYBODY! L0L)
ACtC-3fKmsnU3CQqtIQExsB_O5Qw6B04Yr4qWbxXrcx2qyWEeKS82m80h_o0aw0UCTviK47SbI5vu_eUCaeajRA9z6qDt6hoYMDq_I6TGzn05tRL9QmfSgTXqIgErR51m7aE1Q_zZDAQg7zWc9stvmvD2SZ0=w700-h550

Back