What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Hangaring" around with EarthX

EarthX Lithium

Well Known Member
Advertiser
For all of you that are ?hangaring? around during your self-quarantined time, this can be an excellent time to get your plane ready for flight after winter so we have removed all shipping costs for our USA customers with the exception of 2 battery models if going to Hawaii or Alaska, the ETX1600 and the ETX900-24).

We pray you all stay healthy and have toilet paper.:D

I installed the ETX680C a few months back. What a difference in engine starts. Much improved hot start, too. Also tied the warning wire into the Dynon EMS so it is on the screen and provides aural an warning.

Thanks Ray!

Thank you Ray for your business, we do appreciate it! When we attend shows, people are usually impressed by the weight difference, but once they install it and start their engine for the first time.....they are much more impressed with the performance! Glad you are happy!

EarthX is open for business!

Thank you for the emails and phone calls during this unprecedented times to see if we are ok and still able to be operational.

YES! We are!

We do have government contracts for supplying batteries to the defense department so we will be considered an "essential" business no matter what more comes down the pike.

Thank you again for those who reached out to us, the aircraft community is so awesome!

EarthX connected to Dynon EMS

I installed the ETX680C a few months back. What a difference in engine starts. Much improved hot start, too. Also tied the warning wire into the Dynon EMS so it is on the screen and provides aural an warning.

Ray, do you happen to know which Dynon models support that function / EarthX?

EarthX connected to Dynon EMS

Kathy, thanks for the support!

Checked manual and found what I was looking for. On my RV-6A project EarthX battery will be connected to Dynon EMS :).

Waiting battery box to be arrived.

All, stay safe!

Kathy,

Don?t mean to thread jack, but I love my Earthx in my RV-4 , but wonder if it needs to be kept on a charger at all while not in use. Have watched all the videos about what to do in case of a deep discharge, but hope to avoid getting to that point.

Thanks so much

Mike
RV-4 N91AB

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the question! The easiest answer is if you have the Optimate Lithium charger, simply keep it plugged into it as it is designed to be a maintainer too. It would keep your battery topped off perfectly when not in use.

Otherwise, it really depends on how long your plane is "grounded" between flights and if you have a draw on the battery as this will change the rate of discharge.

As long as the battery is at or above 13.28V, it is good and ready for take off. If below this, it needs to be charged. Here is a link that will take you to the battery charging page and on this page, there is a MAINTENANCE AND STARTUP GUIDE button to outline details. https://earthxbatteries.com/our-batteries/battery-charging

Back