What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy practice ?

William Slaughter

Well Known Member
If anyone in the Houston area wants to practice their canopy cutting, drilling, or pop riveting, I have a section of damaged RV-8 canopy that is just the ticket. Available at no cost for pickup at KEFD by appointment, or I could probably bring it into town for a lunchtime transfer. I also have a perfectly good RV-8 windscreen section of the bubble. Nothing wrong with it, I just used a flat-wrap windscreen.

Flat Wrap

Hi William - Which flat wrap did you use? Was it for looks or for additional bird strike protection or both?

William,

Assuming the damaged canopy section is of similar thickness to the RV-10 wind screen, I would like to take you up on your offer. I will be cutting my wind screen soon, and would welcome the chance to practice with various tools/techniques before tackling the real thing.

I can pick it up at Ellington at your convenience. Just let me know.

Thanks
Dave Macdonald

William,

Assuming the damaged canopy section is of similar thickness to the RV-10 wind screen, I would like to take you up on your offer. I will be cutting my wind screen soon, and would welcome the chance to practice with various tools/techniques before tackling the real thing.

I can pick it up at Ellington at your convenience. Just let me know.

Thanks
Dave Macdonald

Real fine, it's yours. It sure made it a lot less scary when I cut my real canopy, having proven my technique in practice. I'm in the process of moving the shop to the hangar, and will be out there off and on all day today. I'll PM you my phone number and you can call me whenever you like, either today or later.

Back