What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N914VA Ready to Fly!

RumbaChad

Van's east coast RV-14A (N914VA) demonstrator received her airworthiness certificate Wednesday evening from DAR David Schober.

Congratulations to Mitch for all his hard work (and patience)!

12507289_983887451682186_2430937920833441054_n.jpg

Edit: Quick correction, Mitch's N Number is N914VA, maybe an admin could change the title of the thread please? [ed. Done. dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Last post here from Roger was 10 days ago. He is probably right behind Mitch if not ahead. :)

Thanks to everyone! She looks a little different now that it's legal to take her up. As anxious as I am to fly, lots of things and people need to come together. We have it all planned out but won't be for a little while yet.

I am attending the Sebring LSA Expo next week, so it will have to be after that.

Keep watching the website. We're planning a nice video of the whole process.

Everyone.... fly safe!

My plan is to do an RV-15, whatever and whenever that will be. My swan song to aircraft building.

Not a bad way to go out I'd say.

DARN!!!!

I really wanted to be the first to fly after the factory planes. Congrats and best wishes from Myra and me.

This RV-14A IS a factory plane. Just built at the east coast facility.

The earliest it will fly is the 27th. Don't know how far you are behind me, but I guess you could get out in front. Hope you make it!

And thanks for the wishes from you and Myra.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your RV-10 emp purchase! Now I can officially say,

Welcome to the Van's Aircraft family!

You're in for the ride of a lifetime.

Hi Mitch. Made it back to NC last night. Sorry we could not get together to look at the -14A. Hopefully next trip. And CONGRATS on the pink slip.

Nothing happening until we get our FWF kit. Spoke with Kim yesterday and still no definitive answer. Question: Where did you get the exhaust system, baffleing, hoses, etc. for your plane? I assume you fabricated everything yourself which is something we are hoping to avoid. The "14A" has been such a great experience to build up to this point because of the ease In which Van's has designed the process. I know the FWF kit will be the same quality which is why we are willing to be patient and wait. You can't beat the professionals.

Nothing happening until we get our FWF kit. Spoke with Kim yesterday and still no definitive answer. Question: Where did you get the exhaust system, baffleing, hoses, etc. for your plane? I assume you fabricated everything yourself which is something we are hoping to avoid. The "14A" has been such a great experience to build up to this point because of the ease In which Van's has designed the process. I know the FWF kit will be the same quality which is why we are willing to be patient and wait. You can't beat the professionals.

If your referring to Mitch's plane, he is the east coast rep. for Van's. He is building the RV-14A for Van's, it's Van's aircraft. Van's provided him all the parts early as a beta tester for the entire kit and he gave them feed back as he was building.

Could not have said it better myself Ron. Thanks!

Just a little heads up on the FWF kit. It is just as complete and easy to install as our other models. Plus, one big feature: The cowl baffles come cut to size. No trimming. Rivet the sections together, paint if desired and bolt to the engine. All the baffle seal holes are in the pieces. Even the baffle seals come in the kit, cut to size with their respective holes punched. Each of the seals is unique to its given position, so it's just clecoe in place then blind rivet. I don't know how it could be easier.

The completeness of this FWF kit is well worth the wait. You folks will burn thru it, just like the rest of the kits.

Last edited:
Derwood eh? I used to live in Potomac and then Gaithersburg many years ago.

Anyway, I am based out of St. Mary's Regional (2W6) way down in Southern Maryland, right next to PAX River NAS.

Your profile says that you're interested in the RV-12 and have a flying 7A. I've got a 12 we can go up in. Love to have you come down some time.

congrats

Congrats Mitch on the Pink Slip!
From all the RV guys at LKU.
Still remembering the Yahoo days and your visits!
Look forward to seeing you at the shows.
Fly Safe.

Way to go Mitch

Hope you plan on flying down to Charley's at KJGG for lunch and take me up. Still haven't pulled the trigger. Gene at PHF is slow building one.

Many many congratulations Mitch!!!! This is awesome and I will look forward to your video. Have fun at Sebring but bring a jacket. Someone up north left the door open and some cold air wafted down here.

Walt,

It's gonna be a little while before I can give demos. Being certificated under Experimental R&D which is the precursor to Market Survey/Crew Training like all of Van's factory airplanes, I have a 50 hour phase one flight test, plus a paint appointment next month. Should be up and working by mid March.

Terrell,

Thanks so much to you and everyone for the cheerleading. It is greatly appreciated.

Cold in sunny Florida, eh? I suspected as much with the colder the normal temps up here. Still warmer down there.

Back